Mining Software Repositories
CISC 880: Software engineering data (such as code bases, execution traces, historical code changes, mailing lists, and bug databases) contains a wealth of information about a project's status and history. This course will introduce state-of-the-art data mining techniques (including deep learning) that could be applied to analyze large software data for understanding of software development practices, and utilize software data for intelligent software development.
- Instructor: Dr. Yuan Tian, yuan.tian at cs.queensu.ca
- Classroom: Goodwin 521
- Times: Monday 17:00-20:00
- Office: Goodwin 635
- Course Materials: OnQ
- 15% Assignments - we will have 3 assignments.
- 10% In-class participant
- 20% In-class paper presentation
- 55% Project (proposal 15% + presentation 20% + final report 20%)
- Up to 5% Bonus points - based on novelty and completeness of individual project.