Advanced Data Analytics
CISC 351: Advanced Data Analysis introduces design and implementation of complex analytics techniques; predictive algorithms at scale; deep learning; analytics in the Web; social network analysis; text analysis; recommender systems, and applications in specialized domains.
- Instructor: Dr. Yuan Tian, yuan.tian at cs.queensu.ca
- TAs: Haoxiang Zhang
- Classroom: Dupuis RM217
- Times: Monday 16:30, Wednesday 15:30, Friday 14:30
- Office: Goodwin 535
- Q&A, Survey: piazza.com/queensu.ca/winter2019/cisc351
- Course Materials: OnQ
- Syllabus: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Grj_irEXOJ67OPjqX6n82ab76FmPZGI0/view?usp=sharing
- 15% Assignments - we will have 4 assignments. I will count the highest 3 (3*5%).
- 35% Quizzes - we will have 2 quizzes. Lower counts 15%, the higher one counts 20%.
- 50% Project (proposal 5% + presentation 10% + final report 35%)
- Up to 5% Bonus points - based on activities on Piazza and selection of Project.
Assignment Dues (before the end of the day):
- Assignment 1: Thursday 2019-01-24
- Assignment 2: Thursday 2019-02-14
- Assignment 3: Thursday 2019-03-07
- Assignment 4: Thursday 2019-03-28
- Quiz 1: Friday 2019-02-08 14:30
- Quiz 2: Friday 2019-03-22 14:30