CISC 235: Data Structures introduce design and implementation of advanced data structures and related algorithms, including correctness and complexity analysis. Efficient implementation of lists, sets, dictionaries, priority queues, trees, graphs, and networks using arrays, hash tables, heaps, and hierarchical linked structures. String and graph problems, such as string matching and shortest path. External storage and input-output complexity.
- Instructor: Dr. Yuan Tian, yuan.tian at cs.queensu.ca
- TAs: Daniel Hughes, Andrew Ma, Rory Bell (head TA), Lea Cerron, Samantha Katz, Megan McClure, Zi Qi Liu
- Classroom: Chernoff Auditorium
- Times: Tuesday 8:30, Wednesday 10:30, Friday 9:30
- Office: Goodwin 535
- Q&A, Survey: piazza.com/queensu.ca/winter2019/cisc235 (Access code: soc19)
- Course Materials: OnQ
- 28% Assignments - 4 assignments. Lowest counts 4%, the other three count 8%.
- 72% Quizzes - 4 quizzes. Lowest counts 12%, the other three count 20%.
- Up to 5% Bonus points - based on activities on Piazza.
Schedule (Assignment Dues are tentative!!! Refer to OnQ or weekly plan)
Assignment Dues (before the end of the day):
- Assignment 1.1: Wednesday 2019-01-16
- Assignment 1.2: Thursday 2019-01-24
- Assignment 2: Thursday 2019-02-14
- Assignment 3: Thursday 2019-03-07
- Assignment 4: Thursday 2019-03-28
- Quiz 1: Wednesday 2019-01-30 10:30
- Quiz 2: Wednesday 2019-02-27 10:30
- Quiz 3: Wednesday 2019-03-20 10:30
- Quiz 4: Wednesday 2019-04-03 10:30