In each edition of our Math Teachers' Circle, we'll engage in some mathematical problem solving activities and introduce one inquiry-driven course module appropriate for a middle or high school mathematics classroom and specifically linked to the New York Next Generation Learning Standards. Information about each session will be available here in advance. Food will be provided at each session. Please sign up at least 5 days ahead of time in order to guarantee there will be enough food and space for all!
Time & location:
- Each session will be at St. John Fisher College
- Each session will run 4:30 - 7:30pm
- The room is listed with each session.
- Consult directions [pdf] for arriving at campus and getting to the classroom.
- Consult the parking info [pdf] prior to arrival on campus. Parking is best in Lot C. If Lot C is full, try Lots A, F, I, or S, in that order. No parking pass is needed.
- An online campus map can be found here. A printable campus map can be found here [pdf].
2020 Dates & Topics:
- Tuesday, January 28, Room 206 in Salerno Hall (see parking [pdf] and directions [pdf])
- Systems of Inequalities with Alicia Pakusch and Rachel Pellegrino
- Thursday, February 27, Room 102 in Wegmans School of Nursing (see parking [pdf] and directions [pdf])
- Functions, Expressions, and Patterns, with Mary Losito
Wednesday, March 25, Room 102 in Wegmans School of Nursing has been postponed to a yet-to-be-determined later date.
- Exponents, with Tammy Dionisio, Taryn Nole, and Amy Rodak
2019 Dates & topics: