Early College High School at CHS
SHOW ME THE $$$$
ECHS Class of 2019
- 53 ECHS Graduates completed a total of 2,072 college credits.
- College tuition savings of $1,084,989 (based on the college or university they attended).
- Students received $1,580,535 in scholarships.
- The class of 2019 had 30 senior ECHS students who participated in the Ivy Tech commencement before their CHS graduation!
ECHS Class of 2017 through 2019
- 101 ECHS Graduates completed a total of 3,724 college credits.
- College tuition savings of $1,853,204 (based on the college or university they attended).
- Students received $2,442,587 in scholarships.
- The class of 2018 had 6 senior ECHS students who participated in the Ivy Tech commencement before their CHS graduation!
What is a Pathway?
- A sequence of courses which enables students to earn a 30 hour block of credits that must be accepted as a core credit at any public Indiana college/university.
- The pathway matches a college program of study.
- Completing a pathway reduces students' time to completion of a bachelor degree by 2 semesters - or one full year of college! Saves time and money!
- CHS is one of only 31 endorsed Early College High Schools in the state of Indiana!
Early College High School gives students a head start on the rest of their lives.
What is Early College High School?
- Students earn college credit while in high school, decreasing the amount of time it takes to complete a college degree.
- Students and families benefit from reduced or FREE tuition costs.
- Students receive enhanced support that may include any of the following:
- Each grade level at CHS has its own cohort of ECHS students
- Meetings with advisors
- Guest speakers
- College information and yearly field trips
- Study skills and learning styles
- Serve as Student Ambassadors
- Complete Service Learning projects
Students attend the National College Fair at the Indianapolis Convention Center - Class of 2019
Three pathways are offered at CHS. Click on each pathway to learn more about the program.
ECHS Credit Stats
- Students may earn up to 15 - 23 'transferable' college credit hours
- 24+ 'transferable' college credit hours
- Receive a seal on your diploma
- 30+ college credit hours as a 'block'
- Equals completion of a pathway
- Equals one year of college credits!
The photo to the left shows students attending the National College Fair - Class of 2017
The photo below shows students playing a trivia game at IUPUI - Class of 2019
GET the FACTS about ECHS at CHS
- CHS is one of only 31 endorsed ECHS schools in Indiana.
- ECHS courses are partnered with Ivy Tech Community College and Indiana University.
- Any CHS student may enroll in an Ivy Tech course for FREE during their senior year: on-line or on-campus.
- Students enroll in dual credit courses, which allows them to complete BOTH high school AND college credits simultaneously.
- CHS became endorsed in 2013 - and was the 7th endorsed school in the state.
- Currently, there are 317 students enrolled in ECHS, with 20 teachers of college dual credit courses.
College and Career Information
- Parchment: Directions for E-Transcript
- FAFSA Worksheet
- FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- NROTC Scholarship
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program
- College Dollars Scholarship List
- Indiana College Scholarship Guide
- Fastweb: Scholarships, Financial Aid, Student Loans and Colleges
- Affordable Colleges Online Link
- ASVAB Career Exploration Program
- College Readiness Tips
- Indiana Colleges Cost Estimator
- Indiana Financial Aid
- U.S. Department of Education
- Learn More Indiana: A College & Career Connection Site
- Explore Careers=Click Here!
- NCAA Eligibility Center
May Ivy Tech Commencement – Class of 2019
IUPUI Field Trip – Class of 2019
National College Fair trip to Indy – Class of 2021
Students Present Business Plan