Chico State Pre-Nursing Conference, Fall 2017
Join us for an information packed day to learn everything you need to know about Pre-Nursing as well as the Nursing Program here at Chico State! This is an event you WONT want to miss, register NOW!
- Pre-Nursing Conference Schedule Fall 2017 (Subject to change.)
- 8:30 am to 9:00 am - Registration
- 9:00 am to 9:30 am - Intro: "Welcome to the Nursing World"
- 9:30 am to 10:00 am - Keynote Speaker
- 10:15 am to 10:45 am - 1st Round of Breakout Sessions
- 11:00 am to 11:30 am - 2nd Round of Breakout Sessions
- 11:45 am to 12:15 pm - 3rd Round of Breakout Sessions
- 12:15 pm to 1:00 pm - Lunch
- 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm - Endnote Speaker
- 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm - Closing
- Breakout Sessions to Choose From (Subject to change.) There will be 3 rounds, ONLY register for one breakout session per round.
Break Out Sessions (Choose 3):
Volunteer Opportunities (Men In Nursing/ California Nursing Student's Association)
Learn about the different ways you can rack up points by volunteering. Whether it's in our community or campus. Listen to two of Chico State's nursing clubs.
So You Applied...Now What?
Scope out your options after applying to the nursing program, should you apply again? Learn about the non-traditional ways you can get your BSN and become a nurse.
Meet the School of Nursing's Pre-Nursing Advisor - Julie Garnet
Attend this Pre-Nursing Advising session to learn the ins and outs of the application process.
Scratching Out the "Pre" in Pre-Nursing
Come meet our newest members of the School of Nursing family and hear from 1st semester nursing students on what it took to survive pre-nursing prerequisites.
Touring the Nursing Classrooms
"Think like a nurse!" Come get a tour of our nursing classrooms and see where learning takes place. Listen to our nursing student tour guides on how a typical week looks like to them.
Tips for the TEAS
Are you ready to take the TEAS? Attend this session to learn the best way to study and pass your TEAS exam.
Exploring Nursing Specialties
Unsure about what's out there in the nursing world? Get inspired by attending this session to learn about the never-ending specialties.
Nursing Students in Africa & Mexico
Learn about how Chico State Nursing students volunteer at the Kristina Chesterman Memorial Clinic in Africa & Roca Blanca Mission Base in Oaxaca, Mexico. Learn how you can volunteer in a clinic.