Pre-Season Info and Forms
- Friday, June 14th- Paperwork due to Coach Gilchrist
- Monday, June 17th- Pre-Season Conditioning Sessions start (7 am- CHS Gym)
- Saturday, August 3rd- Pre-Season Meeting (Mandatory for all athletes and parents)
- Monday, August 5th- First Day of Practice
- Tuesday, August 6th- Tryouts at Burke Lake
- Friday, August 9th- Final Day to Order Spirit Packs
- Monday-Thursday, August 12th -15th - Lost River Cross Country Camp
- Friday, August 23rd – End of Pre-Season Time Trial
- Monday, August 26th- School Starts
- Saturday, September 7th –Monroe Parker Invitational (You must have 20 practices to run)
FORMS DUE (by Friday, June 14th)
- Athlete Survey (Completed Online Here)
- Athlete & Parent Concussion Education (Submit Last Page Only)
- ATC Info Survey (Complete Online- this is for the Athletic Trainers Office)
- VHSL Physical Form (must be completed no later than August 3rd)
- Emergency Care Card
- REMIND Sign Up (optional but highly suggested)
- Drivers Form (optional for Juniors/Seniors only)
- Camp Permission Slip & Luggage Search Forms (please note that checks will not be deposited until after tryouts in August)
Forms Due August 3rd
(Will be handed out at first athlete / parent meeting.)
- FCPS Extra Curricular Policy Form
- Team Handbook
SPIRIT PACK ITEMS
- Spirit Pack Mandatory items: Purple team shirt , black shorts or spandex (same as previous seasons)
- Singlet : Make a check for $35 payable to Chantilly Cross Country.
- Indicate athlete name and singlet size in memo area.
All spirit pack items and jersey orders are due no later than Friday, August 9th.
OTHER PRE-SEASON FORMS
Cross Country Information Packet- This is an introductory packet for all members, including information on forms due, summer training, coaches contact info, tryouts and other cross country references.
Summer Workout Calendar- This is a schedule of workouts for June/July to help guide your summer training. It is a progression to help you build up your fitness and strength, and prepare you for the season ahead. This is a suggested progression, but you can change it up a bit to fit travel schedules as needed. Please remember that while there are dates on the calendar, to avoid injury, you do need to start at Week One, regardless of when you actually start your summer training.
Cross Country Meet/Practice Schedule- This lists all dates/times for August practices, meets, and other team events. Please put them on your calendar now.
June 3rd- Please note that this is a DRAFT. Some times/locations for August practices may be adjusted slightly, but all the dates for practices and meets shouldn't change.
Blue Ridge Running Camp- Please note that this is NOT our team camp, but it is a very good cross country camp, held the week before tryouts. It is from July 28-Aug 2nd, at Eastern Mennonite University (right near JMU). While this is certainly not required, it is a wonderful opportunity to build on your training, in beautiful, challenging courses, led by some of the best coaches in VA. While there are ability groups for all levels, this is probably better suited for advanced runners.