2018 Important Dates
Athletes should complete 3 sessions per week. Any combination of after school, Personal Fitness Class, or Charger Time may be used to complete workouts within a given week.
- January 2: Off-Season Point System Begins
- February 19-28: Spring Dead Period (No Workouts)
- March 1: Workout Resume
- March 26: Spring Break
- April 2: Workouts Resume
- May 29: End-of-Spring Max Testing (results used for Point System Rewards)
- June 18: Sessions move to four days per week
- July 1-8: Summer Dead Period
- July 9: Workouts Resume after morning camp
These meetings will be related to program development and our attempt to deliberately create a positive culture/leadership within the program.
We will hold one meeting per month throughout the spring. Dates will be set to work around the schedules of the varsity “in-season” sports in which our athletes are most likely to participate (winter: wrestling/basketball; spring: lax/baseball) so that everyone has an opportunity to participate in our meetings.
- January 25: Our first meeting regarding Core Values and Team Rules will take place at 7 pm in the Lecture Hall
- Meetings for Feb, March, April, May are TBD based on our CHS Varsity Sports schedules
7v7 Passing League (Begins April 8):
We will once again compete in the Evergreen Sportsplex Passing League. We need to defend our championship!
Dates of Play:
- April 8, 15, 22, 29
- May 6, 13, 20
Equipment Issue Information:
There will be several dates when equipment will be issued depending upon athlete participation in camps (the first need for equipment) as well as their standing among teammates in the Point System.
Combo Camp (June 11-14)
- June 5: Top Point Earners who’ve registered for camp
- June 6: Seniors/Juniors who’ve registered for camp
- June 7: Sophomores who’ve registered for camp
Team Camp (July 9-12)
- June 26: Those who’ve registered for July camp but did not attend Combo Camp
- June 26: Freshman who’ve registered for July Freshman Camp
- July 23: Final issue prior to Fall Practice
- most athletes, especially Sr., Jr., So. should have equipment from camps
Pre-Summer Parent Meeting:
Similar to last last year, we will hold a parent meeting in June to cover information regarding the upcoming summer and season.
- Date TBD
Cleat Fitting and Sale:
Wilkins Shoe Center of Winchester will once again visit Chantilly to “sit and fit” athletes with top of the line Nike football cleats. Just as they did last year, Wilkins will offer steep discounts on some of the best cleats available and offer to replace defective cleats as issues arise.
- June: Date TBD