CENTRE for ADVANCED RESEARCH (CfAR)
CfAR is advanced diagnostic and research facility established at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS). This is made possible by continuous efforts of the Director cum Vice Chancellor Dr.T.S.Ravikumar.
This facility spans 36,000 sq. ft. built as G + 2 floors with a plan to add 3 more floors in next phase. The programs on each of the floors are designed in keeping with the cross cutting research themes and to along the road map and enable path-breaking patient oriented discoveries.
To built a global dias forum of scientists, the concept of Université sans frontiers (Univeristy without borders) along with this global collaborations has established.
The Director cum Vice Chancellor Dr T.S.Ravikumar and his team have articulated the road map for SVIMS to drive system excellence through research.
In response to the directives from the Chairman & Chancellor, the Director cum Vice Chancellor along with the faculty has developed road map with six themes.
- Infection, Inflammation & Immunity
- Genes, Environment & Behaviour
- Ageing, Degeneration Disorders & Regenerative Medicine (including Stem Cells)
- Pregnancy, perinatal diseases, adolescence
- Bioinformatics, Biotechnology & Nanoscience
The research strategies through CfAR will enable the triple aim for healthcare.
1. Better care
2. Better Health
3. Affordable sustainable cost
In the current iteration, the ground floor and two more floors of CfAR have the following facilities
Ground floor is dedicated to
- Population health research
- Clinical trials infrastructure
- AAditya Hridayam
- Data management centre
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Smart classroom
The first floor is allocated for
- Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratory (VRDL)
- TB & RD Pathogen Research (soon to implement)
The second floor is dedicated to
- Regenerative Medicine
- Islet cell transplantation
- Stem cell biology
- Molecular Biology
The Director cum Vice Chancellor started “women’s cancer initiative for Rayalaseema”; the “Pink Bus” for enrolling rural women in cervical and breast cancer screening. Various types of research will be carried out at CfAR on the samples collected under the cancer screening initiative.
HTIIC - Kotii Group
HTIIC - Kotii Group
VRDL Reagent Preparation
Sample Processing Room
Bioinformatics Lab -2
Molecular Modelling Lab