I have been dancing for 26 years and have loved every minute of it! I grew up dancing at a local studio and reached their competing company level while in Junior High. In High School I joined the Dance Company and the Drill Team. I went on to study dance at Southern Utah University with a dance scholarship and was on their performing dance company called Orchesis. After getting my Associate Degree from SUU I served an LDS mission in South Carolina. After my wonderful mission I began teaching at the MTC and attending BYU. At BYU I studied dance and family life and received my Bachelor Degree. Throughout my high school and college years I taught dancers from ages 3 to 17 at The Dance Conservatory. The last 3 years since graduating BYU I have been the proud coach of the American Fork Cavettes. I have loved working with the girls on the drill team and helping the program grow. I have an amazing husband and two beautiful boys. I love teaching! Seeing someone progress and reach their goals makes me so happy! I hope to work with you and help you reach your greatest potential!
"I really appreciate the flexibility with the summer class enrollment. It is a low-key, fun way to introduce my daughter to dance. "
"Jacquel is a wonderful teacher who understands what it takes to be a wonderful dancer. She has a very loving personality that girls can relate to, she know how to push them to achieve their goals."
"Cedar Hills Dance has been awesome for my daughter. She comes home excited to tell me all about what she learned that day in class and ready to practice! We love the no pressure environment combined with the professional teaching combination. I would recommend this studio to my friends and family."
- Melissa Butler
"Jacquel is an excellent instructor, dancer and a wonderful person overall. She was my drill coach for 2 years and I can honestly say she changed our team for the better. She introduced leadership tactics that urged us to push ourselves and do our very best while maintaining a positive environment for friendships and our love of dance to grow. She is very qualified in having an eye for the little things that can improve a dancer's technique and presents corrections in an understandable and encouraging way. The choreography she presented to us was unique and beautiful. She not only wanted our technique to be good but also for us to have a personal connection with the piece which made dancing even more enjoyable. Our Senior dance that she choreographed was one of my favorite dances I have ever done. It was so gracefully and beautiful and emphasized the unity and love of our team and also showcased individual's talents. I feel that Jacquel is not only a qualified dance instructor but a wonderful mentor. She helped our team believe in ourselves and grow as dancers and as individuals."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
Can I watch class?
- Parents/siblings will NOT be able to watch. Please only Drop-off and Pick-up. There is limited space in our studio and limited parking. We also want to limit distractions for our dancers.
What should my child wear?
- CLOTHING: Please dress in form fitting clothing so I can correct body alignment. No skirts or jeans only. If you are only wearing a leotard please wear tights underneath. Leggings are great with a leotard underneath so they don't have to worry about their stomachs showing when doing tricks.
- HAIR: Pull hair back out of eyes
- OTHER: Please bring a water bottle from home. Water will be provided if they forget.
Is there any hidden fees?
- Nope! There are NO registration, recital, or costume fees!
Do you give any discounts? YES!
- Family Discount: $10 OFF Each Additional Child's Semester Tuition
- Referral Discount: $10 OFF Your Semester Tuition Total and $5 OFF Your Referral's Tuition!
What if my child has to miss a class?
- No money will be refunded for a missed class since you pay by the semester BUT make up classes (about once a month) will be provided as needed.
Photo Credit: Alysha Lambourne