Our vision is that Every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn CS. By increasing access to computer science, especially for women and underrepresented minorities, our children will be prepared for any career, opening doors for future success.
To realize this vision, CCCOE provides workshops, programs, and resources for implementation of CS programs.
Applications are now open for 2019-2020 Teacher Cohorts
Applications available at code.org/educate/professional-learning
CS Discoveries (grade 6-10) Professional Learning program offers year round support designed for educators teaching a semester or full-year course. You don't need any prior computer science experience to get started!
CS Principles (grades 10-12) Principles Professional Learning program offers year round support designed for educators teaching a semester or full-year course. You don't need any prior computer science experience to get started!
Teachers in the Cohort will:
- attend a 5-day summer workshop at CCCOE (June 10 - 14, 2019)
- have access to online support and local CS Facilitators during the school year
- attend four 1-day workshops at CCCOE (workshops will be scheduled during a school day - schools will need to pay for a substitute teacher)
- have the option to enroll for Continuing Education Units
- For teachers served by Contra Costa County’s Code.org partnership, the cost of the CS Discoveries and CS Principles program is only $1,000 per teacher. That’s 66% off the national cost thanks to generous support from Contra Costa County Office of Education and Code.org. Upon completion of the year-long program, educators will be eligible to receive a Circuit Playground Express Educator Kit (a $350 value).
- There are limited Full scholarships available - apply early!
Scholarships available! Do you teach in a high needs school or a school with a diverse student population? Is funding for computer science limited in your district? We have scholarships available for teachers. Apply now!
For more information contact Hilary Dito at firstname.lastname@example.org