The League of Women Voters, Carlisle Rising to Action, the Carlisle Democratic Town Committee, and the Carlisle Republican Town Committee are sponsoring a series of Carlisle “Candidating” events in town.
Meet the candidates running for the Third Congressional District seat, which Niki Tsongas is vacating.
- Alexandra Chandler, Dan Koh, Patrick Littlefield, Bopha Malone on March 23
- Beej Das, Rufus Gifford, Barbara L'Italien, Juana Matias and Keith R. St.John, Lori Trahan on April 5
- Leonard Golder, Rick Green, and Terry Ryan on April 12
Who We Are
Carlisle Rising to Action (CRTA) is a local advocacy group formed by Carlisle, Massachusetts, citizens and residents concerned about increased division and intolerance in our country and threats to core democratic principles such as equality, voting rights, freedom of the press, and transparency in government. More...
Environment and Sustainability
The Trump administration is currently targeting marine sanctuaries and monuments to open these previously protected spaces to oil and gas exploration, fishing, and other commercial activities. Some of the targeted areas include
- Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument off Hawaii
- Rose Atoll Marine National Monument off American Samoa
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary off California
- Thunder Bay Marine Sanctuary off Michigan
Tell your financial institutions that you care about the environment.
On June 26, 2017, the Supreme Court agreed to review lower court decisions that blocked President Trump’s Executive Order banning immigration from six predominantly Muslim countries (the travel ban). The Supreme Court ruling allows the government to partially enforce the travel ban. Specifically, the order allows the government to apply the ban to an individual without a “bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States.”
Support the Safe Communities Act (Bill S.1305)