is provided in all of our properties in one or more of the following ways


This is about 50% of all the support that goes into our accommodation, commissioned by local authority as part of a larger tendering process.

We currently work with Sanctuary Support, Edmund's Trust, Metropolitan, Thera and ILN - East.


We have a dedicated volunteer who looks for grants to provide the non statutory support that we deliver.


Where there is no statutory or grant monies available we use our Charitable income (by renting properties privately to general public)

Landlords providing Category 2 specified accommodation

The definition of specified accommodation is found in Regulation 75H of the Housing Benefit Regulations 2006. Category 2 specified accommodation must be provided by a “relevant body” which means a:

(a) council for a county in England for each part of whose area there is a district council;

(b) housing association;

(c) registered charity; or

(d) voluntary organisation”

For the meaning of “housing association”, “registered charity” and “voluntary organisation”

Requirement for care, support or supervision to be provided

HB Reg 75H requires the HB claimant to have been “admitted” to the accommodation in order to meet a need for care, support or supervision and that s/he has in fact received care, support or supervision. It is not necessary for the care, support or supervision to be provided by or on behalf of the landlord - that is the whole point of Category 2 specified accommodation, it is intended to create a wider category than Category 1 exempt accommodation where the care etc must be provided by or on behalf of the landlord.

The requirement to have been admitted into the accommodation in order to meet a need for care etc means that schemes allowing direct access without formal referral by an official body are covered.

But Category 2 does not extend to floating support which is not linked to the accommodation.

"Intensive Housing Management"

The non-profit landlord can claim from Housing Benefit for Intensive Housing Management tasks and either perform those tasks themselves or sub-contract them.

As well as having a viable interest in the property financially, the landlord retains a viable relationship with the tenants irrespective of who does or doesn't provide support.

The landlord is thus insulated financially and operationally from the insecurities of support funding and contracts. If the support provider loses the support contract the landlord still has a viable and consistent role with the resident in the form of Intensive Housing Management.

With IHM CPG gets full cost recovery on our housing costs This enables us to invest in the properties in which vulnerable people live: the physical environment, services and staff.

Intensive housing management services.

Intensive housing management means housing management services provided at a more intensive level than those that a standard general needs tenancy would include, and should not be able to be defined as personal care or general social care.

The level of service should be required by the tenant as otherwise they would be unable to maintain their tenancies. In practice this means that the landlord will be providing a higher level of direct services of the following nature than would be the case in a general needs tenancy:

 Ensuring your rent is paid regularly and on time.

 Explaining your tenancy / licence agreement and assisting you abide by it.

 Organising inspections of your property and arranging for any repairs or improvements

to be carried out, including the replacement of furniture.

 Ensuring that you are aware of your rights under your tenancy agreement.

 Offering you advice and guidance on keeping your property to a reasonable standard

of hygiene.

 Assisting you to access other support providers as required.

 Liaising with all relevant agencies, both statutory and voluntary, on your behalf.

 Assisting you to reduce rent arrears.

 Dealing with nuisance issues.

 Ensuring that you know how to use equipment safely.

 Providing you with advice and facilitating a move to alternative accommodation as required

 Assisting you to claim Housing Benefit and other welfare benefits.

 Helping to keep you safe by monitoring visitors, including contractors and

professionals, and by carrying out health and safety and risk assessments of property.

In essence our residents agree to a higher rental as their physical and or cognitive abilities to live safely and independently are "subcontracted" to CPG.

"Well-being" activities

Art - Anger Management - Drum circles, are some of the well being sessions offered in a 121 or group. These are funded by small local grant applications and delivered by the existing staff team and volunteers.