CPC offers at least four levels (skill levels as defined here by the Pickleball Canada standards) of training/coaching/mentorship to our membership as follows:
- Introduction to Pickleball (for new players – Level 1.0);
- Novice (Level 1.0 to 2.0);
- Intermediate (Level 2.5 to 3.0); and,
- Advanced (Level 3.5+).
Training, with the exception of Advanced level, is provided to CPC members at no additional charge beyond the site entry fee at this time. Advanced Level training costs are based on the cost to bring in a qualified "Advanced Level" trainer.
Next series dates to be determined.
Interested Facilities may negotiate location and timing with TIH@calgarypickleballclub.ca.
First location to commit will be provided the desired session.
Minimum 12 / maximum 20 students per session (3 – 5 available courts for training).
CPC Regulations Regarding Lessons
- Novice players may only take the series of lessons once at the Novice Skill Level;
- When you have reached the 2.5 Skill Level iaw Pickleball Canada Skill Level Ratings (as determined by your formal Club Rating), you may take Intermediate Level series;
- CPC Members will be able to see all Lessons available in their TrackItHub account and on the CPC website;
- Players that have had the majority of the lessons previously are requested to allow other players access to the lesson package. CPC reserves the right to remove a registered participant that is contravening this request.
- Training for non-CPC members may be provided for a fee of $7.50 per hour (or part thereof) per player (exclusive of site drop in fee) based upon a minimum class size of 12 and will be dependent upon instructor availability.
About our Instructors
CPC Instructors were provided a two-day training session to experience the International Pickleball Teaching Professional Association (IPTPA) standard to the greatest extent practicable. Lead Instructors have also completed Phase 1 of the four phase IPTPA Certification process.
Questions associated with Player Development may be directed to TIH@calgarypickleballclub.ca.