2017 NH Google Summit
Genius Hour is a phenomenal method to empower learning, creation, and creativity. Join this session to learn how two librarians executed a year long GH program with 7th grade students.
- Jill Canillas Daley
- A Pep Talk from Kid President
- What is Genius Hour?
- Week 1: What Are You Passionate About?
- Week 2: What's Your Question?
- Student to Parent Letter
- Week 3: What Do You Know? What Do You Want to Learn?
- Research Notes Sheet
- Genius Hour
- NH Maker Ed G+ Community
- NHSLMA Collaboratory Makerspace
- NH Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference
Source Investigators: Teaching Learners to Evaluate Sources
Evaluating the validity of our sources has become quite the topic in recent months. This session will offer instructional methods & tools for teaching source evaluation.
- Academic Research LibGuide
- Controversial Issues LibGuide
- 6th Grade: Music Instrument LibGuide
- 7th Grade: Western Music LibGuide
- 8th Grade: Rock Group LibGuide
- Question & Plan
- Information Map
- Argument Map
- Column Notes
- Evaluating Resources LibGuide