Welcome to the session "Computational Aspects of Applied Topology" of the joint meeting of the Italian Mathematical Union, the Italian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics and the Polish Mathematical Society which will take place in Wrocław, Poland from Monday, September 17th till Thursday, September 20th 2018.
Algebraic topology is gaining a lot of attention and visibility as a rigorous mathematical tool to understand the shape of data and subsequently to solve many fundamental and practical problems in mathematics, sciences and beyond. The topological descriptor of data turned out to be useful in engineering, dynamical systems, material and life sciences and many other disciplines. This session will bring together scientists to discuss new algorithms to compute existing topological invariant and to discover new, commutable and stable topological and geometrical invariant. It will also summarize new and existing applications of topological tools.
- Bruno Benedetti, U. Miami.
- Mattia Bergomi, Lisbon.
- Paola Cristofori, U. Modena e Reggio Emilia.
- Barbara Giunti, U. Pavia.
- Federico Iuricich, U. of Maryland.
- Michal Lipinski, Jagiellnian University.
- Frank Lutz, TU Berlin.
- Giovanni Petri, ISI Foundation.niversity.
- Mateusz Przybylski, Jagiellonian U
- Jan Spaliński, Warsaw U.
- Elena Queirolo, VU Amsterdam.
- Marco Spadini, U Firenze.
- Stephan Zhechev, IST-Austria
Would you like to join? Just send an email to the Organizing Committee. We are looking forward to see you in Wroclaw!
We encourage participants to apply for a contributed talk. Please attach an abstract to your email.
Here is the preliminary schedule. Please let us know if it fits everyone.
14:30-15:00: Giovanni Petri
15:00-15:30: Federico Iuricich
15:30-16:00: Paola Cristofori
16:00-16:30: Mateusz Przybylski
17:00-17:30: Elena Queirolo
17:30-18:00: Marco Spadini
18:00-18:30: Stephan Zhechev
18:30-19:00: Michal Lipinski
14:30:-15:00: Frank Lutz
15:00-15:30: Bruno Benedetti
15:30-16:00: Mattia Bergomi
16:00-16:30: Barbara Giunti
- Pawel Dlotko (email@example.com)
- Massimo Ferri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maurizio Garrione (email@example.com)