A&W BURGERS TO BEAT MS TEAM CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The A&W Burgers to Beat MS Team Contest sponsored by A&W Food Services of Canada Inc. (the “Sponsor”) begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 9, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on July 31, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). Strategic Objectives (“Administrator”) will administer the Contest on behalf of the Sponsor. The Adminstrator’s computer is the Contest official clock.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter.
An Entrant can obtain one (1) entry on each Instagram and Twitter, for a limit of two (2) total entries per Entrant.
To obtain one (1) Entry into the Contest on Instagram, Entrants must (a) follow A&W Canada (@AWCanada) and MS Society of Canada (@MSSocietyCanada and/or @societe_sp) on Instagram; and (b) upload a post on Instagram, including a photo that represents either (i) Sponsor and/or the Burgers to Beat MS campaign (Campaign), which may include, but is not limited to, an image of: an A&W restaurant; an A&W Teen Burger®; Christine Sinclair, Campaign spokesperson; a Campaign event at a restaurant or other location; Campaign posters or signage, located at/in an A&W restaurant; and/or (ii) The MS Society of Canada and/or multiple sclerosis, which may include, but is not limited to, an image of: a MS Society of Canada event; someone living with MS; and/or (iii) why you are joining the Burgers to Beat MS Team, which may include, but is not limited to, an image of: a graphic, poster or other visual item; and (c) Describe in the post caption why Entrant is “joining the Burgers to Beat MS Team”; and (d) include the hashtag #BurgersToBeatMS and/or #rendezvoussp in the post caption; and (e) tag A&W Canada (@AWCanada) and MS Society of Canada (@MSSocietyCanada and/or @societe_sp) in the post.
To obtain one (1) Entry into the Contest on Twitter, Entrants must (a) follow A&W Canada (@AWCanada) and MS Society of Canada (@MSSocietyCanada and/or @SocCanDeLaSP) on Twitter; and (b) post a Tweet, describing in the Tweet why Entrant is “joining the Burgers to Beat MS Team”; and (c) include the hashtag #BurgersToBeatMS and/or #rendezvoussp in the post caption; and (d) tag A&W Canada (@AWCanada) and MS Society of Canada (@MSSocietyCanada and/or @SocCanDeLaSP) in the post.
Regramming, reTweeting or sharing a Post does not constitute a valid Entry. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to assess Entries for validity and disqualify invalid Entries. The first Entry received from an Entrant on each Instagram and/or Twitter will be counted as the Entrant’s eligible Entry(ies).
If Entrants participate via a wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Entrants should consult their wireless-service provider regarding its message and data pricing plans.
By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final, binding, and conclusive in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (“Eligible Entrant”) and who are registered users of Instagram or Twitter with an active, and non-private Instagram or Twitter account. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to enter or win a prize: (a) employees or agents of A&W Food Services of Canada Inc., MS Society of Canada., Strategic Objectives, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, and advertising and promotion agencies; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Contest; and (c) persons who are in the immediate family of any person in any of the preceding categories (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse, grandparents or grandchildren), regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZE: One (1) Eligible Entrant Prize Winner will be randomly selected from all valid Entries received during the contest the Contest Period (the “Prize Winner”). Prize Winner will receive one (1) A&W gift card, valued at $100 and redeemable at any A&W restaurant in Canada; and one (1) Christine Sinclair-signed Portland Thorns soccer jersey unisex, size large and one (1) Christine Sinclair-signed soccer ball, with a total combined retail value of approximately $250 CDN, not including any incremental value, whether monetary or sentimental, for the merchandise being signed by Christine Sinclair (“Prize”). Total Prize value: $250.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Portland Thorns FC.
GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS: USE OF GIFT CARDS IS SUBJECT TO A&W FOOD SERVICES OF CANADA INC. TERMS AND CONDITIONS, as posted online at https://web.aw.ca/en/terms. Brand owners of products awarded as a part of the Prize (other than Sponsor) are not associated with the Sponsor of this Contest. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, are subject to the manufacturers’ terms and conditions, and Prize Winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Prize cannot be sold, bartered or transferred in whole or in part, or substituted or redeemed for cash by Prize Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion in the event of unavailability. Administrator or Sponsor will pay for a one (1) time shipping cost to deliver Prize to Prize Winner via ground transportation to mailing address provided by Prize Winner as outlined in section 5: Winner Selection/Notification and Odds of Winning. Prize Winner is responsible for federal, provincial and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION AND ODDS OF WINNING: a potential Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about August 6, 2018 from all valid Entries received (“Potential Prize Winner”). The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Potential Prize Winner will be notified through Instagram or Twitter private message functionality from Sponsor within 3-4 business days following the Prize drawing and will be asked to send an Instagram Direct Message to Sponsor with their date of birth, country of residence, full name, mailing address (no P.O. Boxes permitted) and email address to confirm their winner status and officially accept the Prize. Potential Prize Winner must respond to the initial Instagram or Twitter direct message notification within four (4) business days, otherwise Prize will be forfeited. Potential Prize Winner must first answer a mathematical skill-testing question before the Prize will be awarded. Once an answer is received, Administrator or Sponsor will send a reply via the Sponsor Instagram or Twitter account to the Potential Prize Winner confirming their Prize Winner status and will fulfill the Prize after Prize Winner replies with confirmation. Prize will be shipped to the mailing address provided by Prize Winner (Canada address only, no P.O. Boxes permitted) via UPS, FedEx or comparable carrier within 6-8 weeks. Prize Winner may be required to provide a telephone number for carrier company delivering the Prize.
If a Potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the Prize, fails to respond to the notification direct message within four (4) business days, if the notification that the Sponsor sends is returned as undeliverable, or the Potential Prize Winner is otherwise unreachable for any reason for a period of four (4) business days following first attempted notification, the Prize will be forfeited. If Prize is forfeited, an alternate Prize Winner may be randomly selected from the remaining valid Entries and confirmed in accordance with these Official Rules. By accepting a Prize, Prize Winner represents that they have complied with these Official Rules.
Entry and acceptance of Prize offered constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Prize Winner’s name, city, province of residence, likeness and/or photograph and statements for advertising/trade and all other purposes, in any and all media, and all media now or hereafter known worldwide in perpetuity, including the Internet and social networking sites, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
7. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Eligible Entrants represent and warrant the following: 1) that Entrant is the original author and sole owner of or has rights to any and all Entry materials posted, uploaded, or otherwise submitted; 2) the Entry will not, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or violates any third party rights of publicity or privacy; 3) that the Entry is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; and 4) that the Entry material is not obscene, offensive, libelous, pornographic, threatening, abusive, contains illegal content, or is otherwise objectionable, as determined by the Sponsor, that would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, or that would otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law.
8. LIMITED LIABILITY: Entries may only be made according to the methods described above. Every Entry must be manually key-stroked and/or manually entered using voice recognition software by Entrant. Automated Entries (including but not limited to Entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, or promotion service), copies, third party Entries, facsimiles and/or mechanical reproductions are not permitted and will be disqualified.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor, Administrator, Instagram, Twitter, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, misdirected, illegible, garbled or damaged Entries, Prize claims, email or mail. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties. Released Parties are not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries or Prize claims, the announcement of the Prize or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants’ or to any other person’s computer or mobile/tablet device related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, extensive negative publicity or media attention, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which corrupts or affects the administration or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or any element thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). If terminated for any reason at any time prior to the end of the Contest Period, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award the Prize Winner from among all non-suspect, valid, eligible Entries received up to time of such action in a random drawing. If a technical failure or disturbance occurs and Entry is terminated midway through or at any time prior to the end of the Contest Period, all non-suspect, valid, eligible Entries received through that point will be included in a random drawing for the Contest Prize. Entrants, by participating, agree that Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of Prize or participation in this Contest.
10. QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. DISPUTES: This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario, Canada and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
12. WINNERS LIST: For official Winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope postmarked by August 31, 2018 to Administrator: “A&W Burgers to Beat MS Team Contest”, Winners List request, Strategic Objectives, 184 Front Street East, Suite 400, Toronto, ON, M5A 4N3.
13. OFFICIAL RULES: For a mailed copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed #10 envelope postmarked August 31, 2018 to Administrator: “A&W Burgers to Beat MS Team Contest”, Official Rules request, Strategic Objectives, 184 Front Street East, Suite 400, Toronto, ON, M5A 4N3.
14. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is: A&W Food Services of Canada Inc., 300-171 W Esplanade, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 3K9. The Administrator is Strategic Objectives, 184 Front Street East, Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario, M5A 4N3.
Instagram is a trademark or a registered trademark of Instagram, Inc. Twitter is a trademark of Twitter, Inc.