The Aging Coordinating Consortium (ACC)
The ACC works collaboratively with providers, consumers and others to improve the quality of life for older adults in Buncombe County.
Leadership/Governance Committee: Responsible for overall structure of ACC, planning agendas for ACC meetings/events; updating and maintaining bylaws until restructure is complete, then Governance Committee will spin off. Made up of ACC chair, treasurer/secretary, lead agency rep (AAA), Buncombe County rep (HHS), and committee chairs.
Allocations Committee: Responsible for recommending allocation of the Home and Community Care Block Grant, County Supplemental, and other funds; and supporting and monitoring funded programs use of Results Based Accountability (RBA)
Age-friendly Buncombe County (ABC) Steering Team: Responsible for steering the ABC initiative; actively seeking diverse stakeholders with significant participation by older Buncombe County residents. The ABC Steering Team also works with a lager, Community Advisory Board, made up of high-level community leaders.
Aging Plan Committee: Responsible for tracking the progress and impact of programs, projects and services affiliated with the Aging Plan as well as the overall effectiveness of the Aging Plan.
Membership and Outreach Committee: Responsible for recruiting and managing membership; orienting new members; promoting awareness about the ACC and the Aging Plan.
Public Policy Advocacy Committee: Responsible developing plans, programs, and strategies to educate for the purpose of advocating the needs of Buncombe County’s aging community at the local, state, and national level.
By joining the ACC, individuals, organizations or other entities connect their interests and impact with other similar efforts in the community that are related to the goals of the Buncombe County Aging Plan. Association with the ACC provides:
- access to and participation in a master “asset map” of aging-related work in and beyond Buncombe County;
- inclusion in and access to the ACC membership database;
- peer support including letters of support for grants, technical assistance, and professional expertise; and,
- opportunities to engage in professional service and leadership in the community.
Affiliated Groups and Organizations
- AARP of WNC
- Alzheimer's Association
- Buncombe CHIP Diabetes Workgroup
- Buncombe County Health and Human Services
- Caregiver Support Providers Network
- CarePartners Adult Day Services
- Community Health Workers Initiative
- Council on Aging of Buncombe County, Inc.
- DayStay Adult Day Services
- Dementia-Friendly WNC
- Experienced Workforce Workgroup
- Family Caregiver Support Program
- Foster Grandparents Program
- Habitat for Humanity
- Holistic Elder Services
- Jewish Family Services of WNC
- Land of Sky Area Agency on Aging
- Legal Services of NC
- Meals on Wheels
- Mountain Area Workforce Development Board
- Mountain Coalition for Healthcare Decisions
- Mountain Mobility
- Mountain Housing Opportunities
- NC Department of Justice
- NC Works Career Center
- OLLI at UNC-Asheville
- OnTrack Financial Education and Counseling Services
- Pisgah Legal Services
- Premier Home Health
- Senior Community Service Employment Program
- Senior Companions Program
- Senior Tar Heel Legislature
- Silver to Gold/UnITe WNC
- United Way 211
- United Way of Asheville-Buncombe County
- Universal Design Institute
- Van Winkle Law Firm
- Vaya Health
- WNC Fall Prevention Coalition