What Does the PTA Fund?
The Walkathon & Silent Auction (WATSA) is a huge, fun event for the entire Bubb community. Each year the Walkathon raises from 75-90% of the PTA’s budget. This money is used to pay for a long list of enrichment activities and school supplies that otherwise would be cut, cancelled or done without. Past WATSA proceeds have enabled annual enrichment activities as well as technology upgrades like Chromebooks and Chromebook carts, printers, iPads and iPad carts. In 2017, WATSA raised over $122,000, which helped to pay for programs such as:
- $25,000 - Enrichment for All after school programs
- $15,400 - Field Trips, including transportation
- $14,500 - Teacher and Classroom Supplies
- $7,400 - Science Programs and Supplies
- $6,000 - Library Books
- $5,700 - Lunchtime Run-for-Fun
- $5,500 - Teacher and Staff Wish Lists
- $4,400 - Family Events, e.g. Science Night, Movie Nights, Lego Night, Talent Show, Dances, etc.
- $3,000 - Buses for After School Programs
- $2,800 - Lunchtime Art Classes
- $2,300 - Science Day at Bubb
- $2,100 - Project Cornerstone (Anti-bullying Program)
- $2,100 - Staff Recognition
- $1,500 - Art in Action for Kinders
- $1,500 - Cyber Safety Training for 5th Graders
- $1,400 - Assemblies
- $1,400 - Lunchtime Peninsula Youth Theater Classes
- $1,100 - Gold Rush Event for 4th Graders
- $1,050 - PIQE (Parent Institute for Quality Education) Class
- $1,000 - Destination Imagination
- $850 - Bubb Beautification and Garden
- $750 - Williams Bubb Day for 5th Graders
- $650 - 5th Grade Performing Arts
- $500 - Community Engagement
- $500 - Bubb Garden Maintenance
- $450 - Bubb Student Council support
- $350 - Continental Math
- $200 - Volunteer Appreciation
Thank you for all your support in donating items, raising pledges and bidding on silent auction items and parties during our 2018 Walkathon & Silent Auction to make it a huge success! Your support enables us to continue the wonderful programs above and to be able to provide necessary upgrades to the school.
Note: The dollar amounts above are rounded and the list of expenditures is not exhaustive. For a complete view of all income and expenses in the PTA budget, please attend a PTA General Meeting or contact the PTA Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.