Where Does the Money Go?
The Walkathon & Silent Auction (WATSA) is a huge, fun event for the entire Bubb community. Each year the Walkathon raises from 75-90% of the PTA’s budget. This money is used to pay for a long list of enrichment activities and school supplies that otherwise would be cut, cancelled or done without. Past WATSA proceeds have enabled annual enrichment activities as well as technology upgrades like Chromebooks and Chromebook carts, printers, iPads and iPad carts. In 2016 WATSA raised over $112,000, which helped to pay for programs such as:
- $25,000 - Enrichment for All after school programs
- $15,400 - Field Trips
- $13,500 - Teacher Wish Lists
- $7,400 - Science Programs and Supplies
- $5,700 - Lunchtime Soccer
- $5,500 - Teacher Supplies
- $4,400 - Family Events, e.g. Science Night, Movie Nights, Lego Night, Talent Show, Dances, etc.
- $4,200 - Library Books
- $3,000 - Buses for After School Programs
- $2,800 - Lunchtime Art Classes
- $2,100 - Project Cornerstone (Anti-bullying Program)
- $2,100 - Staff Recognition
- $1,900 - Destination Imagination
- $1,500 - Art in Action
- $1,400 - Assemblies
- $1,400 - Lunchtime Peninsula Youth Theater Classes
- $1,100 - Gold Rush
- $1,050 - PIQE (Parent Institute for Quality Education) Class
- $850 - Bubb Beautification and Garden
- $750 - WilliamsBubb
- $650 - 5th Grade Performing Arts
- $500 - Community Engagement
- $500 - Bubb Garden Maintenance
- $450 - Bubb Student Council support
- $350 - Continental Math
- $200 - 5th Grade Art for Original Works
- $200 - Volunteer Appreciation
In order to continue the wonderful programs above and to be able to provide necessary upgrades to the school, we need EVERYONE to pitch in and make our 2018 Walkathon & Silent Auction a success. Please check out all the ways you and your family can HELP today.
Note: The dollar amounts above are rounded and the list of expenditures is not exhaustive. For a complete view of all income and expenses in the PTA budget, please attend a PTA General Meeting or contact the PTA Treasurer at email@example.com.