What Does the PTA Fund?
In 2018-19, the Bubb PTA spent approximately $375 per student on programs, events, and curriculum support at our school. The Bubb PTA funds many programs and activities at our school that otherwise would be cut, cancelled or done without. The vast majority of the PTA budget is raised in one big event -- our Walkathon and Silent Auction (WATSA).
In 2018-19, WATSA and other fundraising, including matching gifts from employers of Bubb parents, raised over $170,000, which helped to pay for programs such as:
- $23,000 - Enrichment for All after school programs
- $25,755 - Field Trips, including transportation
- $20,000 - Teacher and Staff Wish Lists, including Flexible Seating
- $14,000 - Teacher and Classroom Supplies
- $10,300 - Lunchtime Programs (Art, PYT, Hip Hop)
- $8,100 - Family Events, e.g. Science Night, Movie Nights, Lego Night, Talent Show, Dances, etc.
- $6,000 - Library Books
- $3,000 - Science Programs and Supplies
- $2,500 - Assemblies
- $2,200 - Staff Recognition
- $2,000 - Project Cornerstone (Anti-bullying Program)
- $2,000 - Community Engagement
- $1,800 - Gold Rush Event for 4th Graders
- $1,600 - Science Day at Bubb
- $1,500 - Cyber Safety Training for 5th Graders
- $1,400 - Bubb Beautification and Garden
- $1,050 - Parent Education (United through Education)
- $500 - Williams Bubb Day for 5th Graders
- $500 - Bubb Student Council support
- $500 - Continental Math
- $200 - 5th Grade Performing Arts
Thank you for all your support in donating items, raising pledges and bidding on silent auction items and parties during our 2018 Walkathon & Silent Auction to make it a huge success! Your support enables us to continue the wonderful programs above.
Note: The dollar amounts above are rounded and the list of expenditures is not exhaustive. For a complete view of all income and expenses in the PTA budget, please attend a PTA General Meeting or contact the PTA Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.