High risk/street children between the ages of 8 and 18 years in the Helderberg Basin.
ACVV Bright Lights is registered at the Department Social Development to render two types of services namely:
To meet the developmental needs (physical, emotional and cognitive) of 30 at risk children (girls and boys) in the community and those living and working on the streets.
The following programmes are presented daily:
- Social and Life Skills
- Counselling and Guidance
- Educational Support
- Sport and Recreation
- Family Preservation Services
- Assistance with Personal Hygiene and Laundry Services
- Provision of two meals per day
- Referrals of childrend to Designated Child Protection Organisations for statutory services (as needed).
CHILD AND YOUTH CARE CENTRE
For twenty children (Boys 8 to 18 years) living and working on the street, placed by a Children's Court.
The programme is inclusive of:
- Therapeutic Services
- Educational Support Services
- Group Work sessions conducted for all children placed
- Daily developmental programmes which includes:
Life Skills, Behaviour Managment, Sport and Recreation, Victim Empowerment, Promotion of the responsibilities and rights of children
- Quarterly Panel discussions to evaluate suitability of placement