Software for seniors
life without the great loneliness.
- A lot of loneliness occurs among seniors. Not only with elderly people who live independently at home, but also with residents in a residential care center.
- Loneliness feelings explain that these seniors do not feel well and therefore get health problems.
- Preventing the fight against loneliness and social isolation among the elderly therefore deserve the full attention of everyone.
- Prevent, restore or prevent self-reliance problems or maintain or even increase self-reliance.
Bommasoft consists of a very simple world that is filled with activities such as memory exercises, relaxation and movement.
- Seniors who want to live independently in good health for longer without being lonely.
- Informal carers who care for a fellow human being from their immediate environment.
- Residential care center that want more time to care for the seniors.
According to a survey by KU Leuven commissioned by the King Baudouin Foundation, it appears that about half of the over-65 plus in our country feel lonely. In the report of the King Baudouin Foundation, a number of risk factors for loneliness are listed.
- Only from 75 or 80 years old solitude increases.
- It would not be about age alone, but about the fact that a higher age is associated with a greater chance of risk factors that determine loneliness, such as poor health or the death of the partner.
- We count not only more lonely and socially isolated among the oldest seniors, but also among women, widows and widowers and seniors with health problems.
- The number of social residents is greater among seniors living at home than among seniors in residential care centers with fewer children and a smaller social network.
- There is more social isolation among the residents of residential care centers who also want more contact more often, especially with their grandchildren.
What do seniors think about Bommasoft themselves?
- You can work on good health to stay at home and stay active.
- Keeping in touch with your children, that makes life more pleasant.
- Being busy, staying active and listening to music.
- It used to be a poor fact that I usually stayed in my bed, now I get up to set up my computer and the whole world opens without me having to know anything about computers.
- Have an improved quality of life.