How We're Different
How Do We Plan Your Fitness GPS?
Body by Design uses many different forms of training in order to give you the most personalized approach to train you, for your specific needs.
One of these modalities is called the Feldenkrais Method, developed by Dr. Moche Feldenkrais. The Feldenkrais Method is a form of therapeutic movement that uses movement as a vehicle to retrain your brain's neuropathways in order to rehabilitate injuries. This method uses both kinesthetic movements and auditory instructions to rewire your brain's movement GPS system when in a calm, meditative state. The result: is rapid rehabilitation from injuries, elimination of chronic injuries and a more efficient, limber body.
Within just one session clients are able to see improvements in mobility and a dramatic decrease in pain.
- Client must complete the waiver, Health Screen (Par-Q) and Lifestyle & Goal Setting Questionnaire.
- It is the responsibility of the client to inform, Body by Design, his/her personal trainer of any conditions or changes in health, now and ongoing, which could affect the ability to exercise safely with minimal risk of injury.
- The client is not obligated to to perform nor participate in any activity that s/he does not wish to perform. Its the client’s right to refuse such participation at any time of the training session(s).
- It is understood that the results of any fitness program cannot be guaranteed and that the progress depends on genetics, environment, client effort, external activities (ex. nutrition, leisure activities) and the cooperation of the client to adhere to the program.
- Sessions are up to 55 minutes in duration. Should the client arrive late, the sessions will be reduced by the same amount of time. Body by Design is not obligated to provide a full training session beyond the time that was scheduled.
- Sessions are based on a pre-pay basis. Upon determination of number of sessions to be purchased, and the start and expiry date of the sessions, payment must be made prior to engaging in the said sessions.
- Sessions are based on scheduled appointments. 24 hour notice is required to cancel an appointment for no charge. Sessions cancelled with less than 24-hour notice will be charged as a regular session.
- Personal training sessions are to be paid to Ashley Leong only. Cash and cheques are made payable to Body by Design Personal Fitness Training Inc.
- Refunds: Fees paid for personal training sessions are refundable ONLY for those sessions not used, up to 10 days after the purchased date. A $20 refund fee is deducted on all refunds. A $20 refund fee plus an additional 3.5% of the total refund is deducted from the refund for all credit card refunds.
- Client understands that if a request for a copy or copies of clinical files are made, a minimum fee of $50 will apply. However please note that the hourly administration rate is $175 per hour for requested reports. Clinical records are based on file size (small $100, medium $150, large $195). This policy stands even after our contract/treatment/claim is complete.
- Client authorizes Body by Design to use his/her photos in social media platforms, before and after results and other marketing needs. The client also agrees to provide a testimonial and google review upon satisfaction of service.