Have you ever wondered what goes into the membership process?
It is a balancing act between several lists and people. In order for membership enrollment and dues process to happen flawlessly, it takes 3 parts working cohesively to get your dues and deductions correct.
These 3 entities are: Education Minnesota, Bloomington Public Schools, and Bloomington Federation of Teachers. As the BFT continues to strive for excellence in the membership process, mistakes happen when three different groups are involved.
That is the reality with about 900 memberships to manage. The BFT has informed the other two parties of needed updates, but it appears not all changes have taken place. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Here are some steps that can help with the membership process:
- Check your paycheck. If the dues amount seems wrong, ask your steward to check into it.
- At the beginning of the school year, complete the roster check to ensure accurate FTE and contact information.
- Notify the BFT of any FTE or contact information changes during the school year via the Membership Changes Form.
- If you go on leave for a full year, fill out a new BFT membership application when you return.
- Finally, ASK QUESTIONS. If you don't understand something, we want to help. Ask your building BFT steward or email a BFT membership coordinator listed below.
BFT Dues: How much do I pay each month to belong?
If you have membership questions, please contact:
- April Baden at email@example.com
- If you need BFT membership application
- With general membership questions
- Lacey Dawson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your dues deductions on your paycheck do not look accurate