Negotiations Committee: Chris Tollefson and Jeff Bunkert, co-chairs
Settlement Committee: Molly Geislinger and Gwen McFarlane, co-chairs
- Work closely with the negotiations team to develop a shared message to communicate with the membership.
- Help give members opportunities to stay actively involved in the BFT and the community.
- Raise morale and keep people feeling positive about the challenges the BFT and its teachers face.
- April Baden, general membership
- Lacey Dawson, membership deductions
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested in being on the Professional Issues Committee
Legislative Committee: Kirsten Morcomb and Patti Arteel, co-chairs
- Coordinate communication between local elected officials and BFT membership
- Organize district-wide political events
- Lobby Day at the Capital
- Eggs and Issues
- Education Minnesota Political Conference
- Create ‘Get out the Vote’ materials and activities
Social Committee: Jacqueline Kuhns
- Plans events for the membership and district at large.
- Events include: new teacher luncheon, fall picnic, winter fundraiser, spring picnic, recognition dinner, other events as needed
Communications Committee: Mary Klempke
- Maintains BFT website
- Work with President in producing newsletters
- Maintain updated membership rosters
- Work on providing membership w/BFT info