- Medical device concept and development company
- Team development began through the Iowa Medical and Innovations Group at the University of Iowa
- Founded in 2014 as "BloodWorks LLC"
- Focused on problem identification at the patient's bedside
- Identify limitations of existing medical devices or lack of medical device to meet a need
- Practical and patient-focused
- Inter-disciplinary team of practicing medical professionals, bioengineering, and law
- By utilizing direct-care experience, we can focus conceptualization and development on products that will actually work in real-world settings!
- Strives to answer questions:
- Why doesn't this device work as well as it could?
- What can we do to make it better?
- Why isn't there a product to perform this task?
- How can we make care delivery more effective and efficient?