One Model to Rule them all
Multitask and Multilingual Modelling for Lexical Analysis
At 14:30 on Thursday 7 December 2017 I defended my PhD thesis entitled "One Model to Rule them all - Multitask and Multilingual Modelling for Lexical Analysis". I worked on the thesis from 2013 to 2017, as a PhD student supervised by Prof. Dr. Johan Bos and co-supervised by Dr. Barbara Plank, at the University of Groningen in The Netherlands.
Schedule (December 7)
- 14:30 (sharp) - PhD Defence - Aula, Academy Building, Broerstraat 5, Groningen
- Examining committee: Prof. Dr. Jörg Tiedemann (Helsinki), Prof. Dr. Anders Søgaard (Copenhagen), Dr. Grzegorz Chuprała (Tilburg), Prof. Dr. Gertjan van Noord (Groningen), Prof. Dr. Marco Aiello (Groningen), Dr. Antonio Toral (Groningen).
- Please be on time, doors close at 14:30 sharp!
- 15:30 - Reception - Spiegelzaal, Academy Building
- Snacks and drinks will be provided.
- 16:30 (approximately) - Symposium - Room 1315.0043, Harmony Building, Oude Kijk in 't Jatstraat 26
- Anders Søgaard - Turning water into NLP
- Grzegorz Chrupała - Analyzing neural representations in models of grounded language learning
- Jörg Tiedemann - Found in translation - Natural Language Understanding with Cross-Lingual Grounding
- 18:30 - Dinner and party (by invitation) - Land van Kokanje, Oude Boteringestraat 9