Dr. Binh Nguyen Thanh
Binh is a financial economist and is particularly interested in the Blockchain, FinTech, Cryptocurrency and Real Estate. He is currently the Discipline Lead of Finance (Acting) at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (Vietnam Campus). In this role, Binh provides the School with academic support and leadership, and ensures the high quality of the student experience in the finance courses.
Moreover, Binh is primarily interested in collaboration in the field of Blockchain, Big Data, Cryptocurrency, FinTech and Real Estate Finance/Economics. Graduates who seek to pursue a PhD in those fields can contact Binh anytime.
Binh holds a Ph.D. from the International Real Estate Business School (University of Regensburg) - Europe's biggest real estate department. Prior to joining RMIT Vietnam, Binh worked in Germany for over 5 years at the University of Regensburg and at the German Central Bank.
His teaching portfolio includes economics, econometrics and finance subjects (undergraduate, Master and PhD).
Connect to Binh on
Media articles and TV interviews (English and Vietnamese):
- Vietnam fintech sector set for bloodbath competition, Nikkei Asian Review, 2019 (also featured in cafebiz, cafef, Nhịp Cầu Đầu Tư, TTVN)
- Can Vietnam turn 90% of its transactions into cashless payments? KR Asia, 2019
- Speeding up markets via blockchain, Vietnam Investment Review, 2019
- Vietnam taken by fintech revolution, Vietnam Investment Review, 2019
- Fintech potential in Vietnam, Hanoi TV Television, 2019
- Consumer Credit, FBNC - Vietnamese Finance Television, 2018
- Personal Finance, Thanhnien, 2018