Who we are
- Big Spring Angler serves as a guide working under Latitudes Outfitters Co and other Montana licensed outfitters who are looking to send their clients to Lewistown. All payments for trips are to be paid to the Outfitter. Big Spring Angler offers guided float-fishing trips down Big Spring Creek & other area streams from a 2-man raft. Normally catering to just one individual in the raft, the guide can give the client one-on-one attention to better their experience while on the water.
- The Big Spring Creek Watershed in Central Montana (Fergus County) is an intriguing place where wild brown trout & rainbow trout enjoy stable water temps & flows nearly year round.
- Big Spring Creek has been a fly fishing destination for decades. Nearly all anglers wade fish the stream, yes this can be done, but do to the creek's swift current & in places, deep water & private property having the ability to float the stream in a raft is the BEST way to experience the Trout Jewel of Central Montana!
- Brett Shelagowski with Big Spring Angler moved to Montana in 2006 to begin his teaching career, he currently teaches 7th grade biology & drivers education. He has taught numerous science classes, many of which have had aquatic themes because of Brett's love for flowing water. Brett began fly fishing in his home state of Michigan back in the 90's, & this hobby has turned into a passion. Brett has chased trout in most of the rivers of Montana as well as other states & Canada. He enjoys being on the water and applying his science background to bring fish to the net.
- Brett began tying flies in 1995, he has taught adult ed fly tying classes & ties at the commercial level, providing for fly tying businesses & ties for some of his guide friends around Montana. 99% of the flies provided for clients to use while fishing are tied by Brett.