The Bible for Practical Living
Got questions about how to live right and have an effective life? You are in the right place...
Why do we need to save?
- To save for the rainy days is Biblical. Saving is a practice of "Good Stewardship" of what God has provided us. God provides for our needs and more. If we are an over spender, that makes life stressful. Because there's a tendency that we would borrow money from others living like a beggar since we can't meet our needs due to our bad life habit. Overspending does not picture a responsible living. We can learn from the ants...
- Proverbs 6:6-8 - Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: 7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, 8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
Why do we need to be content?
- Contentment is being happy of what God provides us each day. Being content brings a sense of peace and happiness in our life because we don't long for the things that others have. We simply enjoy the things that God provide for us so we don't inherit much stress in return that comes from envy and covetousness.
- 1 Timothy 6:8-9 - And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
Why do we need to work?
- Work is an activity that every man must do. Even in the time of Adam, God assigned him work to name the animals God created and tend the Garden of Eden. Work became harder after Adam sinned against God.
- Hence the Bible tells us that if a man does not work, neither should he eat.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:10 - For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat
Why a man needs to lead the family?
As per the order provided of God, it is clear that a man is the head of family. And if we follow God's order, we can never go wrong.
- Ephesians 5:23 - For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
- 1 Corinthians 11:3 - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Why a man needs to provide for the family?
The man is the head of the family as per God's order. And being head, meaning we lead and provide.
- 1 Timothy 5:8 - But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.