Letter From President
Dear 2017-2018 PTA Committee Chair:
The Parent-Teacher Association’s (PTA) mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. As a member of the PTA, specifically as a Committee Chair, you are an essential part of the mission. I would like to thank you in advance for your participation in the PTA.
You have taken on an important role as a Committee Chair and the following information provides important guidelines on how to manage your PTA committee and programs for the enjoyment of our Stevens Superstars.
Important items found on the PTA website:
- Stevens PTA Executive Board Members
- Stevens PTA Calendar of Events
- Stevens PTA Committee Chair List
- PTA Basics from the NYS Congress of PTA
- Insurance list of acceptable and unacceptable activities per NYSPTA insurance policy
- Instructions from the Treasurer
- 2017-2018 PTA Budget
- Financial Forms (Expense Reimbursement form and Deposit Record form)
Expectations and guidelines that apply to all Committee Chairs:
- Be an active PTA member. As a Committee Chair, you are responsible for joining the Stevens PTA and paying the $5.00 membership fee. You are encouraged to attend PTA meetings throughout the year and provide feedback and updates from your committee to the rest of the PTA members.
- Maintain communication with your Advisor. Each committee has been assigned an advisor who is a member of the PTA Executive Board. Your advisor can lend you assistance if any issues arise, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your committee/program. If you cannot attend a PTA meeting but need to report on your committee’s progress, please arrange to have your advisor pass on your updates.
- You must obtain prior approval from the PTA Executive Board if your committee has to go over budget. Please contact your advisor as soon as you become aware of any financial issues.
- If your committee involves the need for Stevens’ staff members, including teachers, please contact them ahead of time with all information and requests needed.
- The Stevens PTA logo of ‘Running Children’ must appear on all PTA-related forms, flyers, hand-outs, etc. The logo will be emailed upon request.
All flyers must be preapproved by Dr. Rick Evans and PTA President Amy Waylett.
Good luck with your committee this year! We are fortunate at Stevens to have so many active and caring volunteers to make our school a wonderful place for our children. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Amy Waylett, PTA President