People Finding is our focus!
On 10/22/17, the 40th Reunion Planners met to discuss People Finding plus research venues for both an evening dinner and a daytime picnic some weekend in July, 2019.
Responses to 'What would make our 40th Reunion fun?:
- Lots of classmates, like 400+
- Seeing classmates who I haven't seen in 40 years
- The more people we can find the better
- An evening dinner plus a casual picnic
- Easy for out-of-towners
- I want my husband to have a good time
- No booze
- No-host bar
- Cater a BBQ, maybe salmon or pork, at the picnic
- Some kind of a get reacquainted icebreaker (is that too corny?) [Answer is not at all]
- I use a wheelchair, please make it accessible
- No stress haha, not too formal
- Can you help me replace a lost yearbook? [Answer if ebay fails, try http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks ]
- Finding lost friends, seeing old friends and the event being simple
- Keep the Mini-Reunion at Prairie Tavern but add more events for the 40th
- Small organized contests such as "Name That Tune" with 70's Music and "Best 70's Dance Moves"
- Trivial Pursuit with prizes for the winning teams (70's and 80's Trivia, of course!)
- Make it as affordable as possible
- Not have the music too loud so we can TALK during dinner
- Sit down dinner
- Are my grand-kids welcome to the picnic? [Answer is yes]
- As many people coming as possible
- door prizes for things like who came the farthest, who has the most kids, grandkids, who's been married the longest, the shortest, who has the youngest biological child?
- <Your answer goes here...>
Tags: Battle Ground High School, Class of 1979, Reunion, #BGHS79, bghs1979