Action: Overrule MUSD unwise decision
To replace former trustee Daniel Bobay for his remainder term till November 2020, the Milpitas Unified School District’s Board of Education try to elect a new trustee on August 13, 2019.
But during the election progress, MUSD board use disgraceful way to manipulate the election and try to get a less qualified candidate appointed rather than the highest scored and ranked candidate.
Those disgraceful way includes changing election rules at last minutes, revise the original score card, and change original method by comparing both candidates background etc. All those was happened in front of video camera. This make us highly suspect how many things has happened in the dark. And what our kids might be treated at school. Rather than let someone stolen some thing from other people, we fight to get the seat back to the better qualified Ling. Watch those video clips and you can tell yourself.
So, what we will petition for:
- Disqualify the appointee and return the stolen seat to Ling.
- For a fair and transparent trust system so that our kid will not meet those issues at school.
Hotspot: Appeal MUSD's Unwise Decision
We all desire good schools. Good schools require capable leaders. This year, Milpitas Unified School District had one very capable candidate, so capable that she had an unprecedented 9 points lead over the second-ranking candidate out of a possible 40 points (160 total by 4 interviewing board members) during the job interview. However, she was not selected by the school board, under the influence of Superintendent Cheryl Jordan. We have created a petition to appeal the board's decision. We need 600 VALID voter signatures by 9/10/2019. Please contact us and sign the petition (see below for more materials needed).
Watch the video above. It is part of the recording of that controversial board meeting. The video was released only after community outcry.
Vice President Hon Lien changed the scores after submission. When that didn't change the ranking, the "process" was still led to continuing.
The superintendent had a role to influence the school board. In the video, MUSD Superintendent Cheryl Jordan skillfully steers the way of the selection process to her desired outcome. It is a typical display of influence exerted by a dominating power. Someone clearly has too much power in MUSD. The "Culture of We" is NOT observed in the board room.
Power breeds corruption. It is then understandable that folks are worried about the possible indiscreet allocation of funds. Ultimately, a system with a skewed power distribution cannot produce good schools.
Then there is a problem because we desire better schools. With the demographics and the state of the real estate market (a big part of the property tax goes to fund the school district), there is every reason that our schools can be much much better.
An appeal petition to this appointment was initiated by some outraged community members. We are collecting signatures to be submitted to the county superintendent's office.
So our petition is a petition for better schools. This is our statement that we demand changes in MUSD from the top. This is our statement to demand transparency along with checks and balances. This is our statement to demand capable leaders.
We need 600 valid voter signatures by 9/10. Only a few days remain. We require many more. We need your help for just a short time.
SIGN THE PETITION TO APPEAL MUSD'S UNWISE DECISION. LET THIS PETITION BE THE BEGINNING OF THE PATH TO EXCELLENCE IN MILPITAS SCHOOLS.
For more details, please read here .
Here are what you need if you would like to help:
- Fill this out if you would sign or help collect signatures or want to contact us for more information.
- Petition form
- Petition Q&A Flyer. Another Petition Flyer
- Petition form filling instructions (Must read before collecting signatures. It is very important to ensure all signatures are valid. The signatures will be verified by the county office to take effect.)
[Show up at meeting to protest] Help spread the word and concern. Call people to show up at the school next MUSD meeting. This is our deadline and last chance to sign the petition. Sep 10, 7pm @MUSD Room 500, 1331 East Calaveras Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035
- Petition submitted and signatures is pending to be verified!
- Mission: By 9/10/2019 7pm, Collect 600 voter signatures. Anyone can volunteer. Signers need to be Milpitas registered voters only (18yr old plus). If you are a citizen, but not registered as CA voter yet, please register here.
- [Sign onsite] Go to the Milpitas Lion City Plaza to sign. 1738 N Milpitas Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035 ((9am-5pm Contact: Eva (408) 262-7788)
- [Sign at home] You can sign up here; a volunteer will contact you and bring you a form to sign.
- [Volunteer] Click here to join. We need a volunteer group to pass around Flyer and help get signatures. Download form and bring it to your neighbors. Please do not exceed writing area and read carefully for Petition FAQ & Signing Instruction
- [Show up @ protest meeting] Help spread the word and concern. Call people to show up at the school next MUSD meeting. This is our deadline and last chance to sign the petition. Sep 10, 7pm @MUSD Room 500, 1331 East Calaveras Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035
- [Volunteer sign up form instruction]
MUSD: Article or Links or News Coverage
* for information only *
- MILPITAS BEAT: THE LATEST TWIST: SCORECARDS WERE TALLIED INCORRECTLY FOR MUSD BOARD APPOINTMENT
- An open letter from the Top Scored Candidate
- Residents protect MUSD Questionable Election & File Petition
- Milpitas Beats Report For MUSD Questionable Election
- A Letter to the Editor from Council member Carmen Montano
- A letter to the Editor from MUSD Board President Christ Norwood
- Rhoda, founder of The Milpitas Beat Facebook Public Statement
- An interview with Hai Minh Ngo elected by the questionable election
- Opinion: MUSD to learn and be better
- A cost of special election
- Selection of New board Member stir opposing views
Shouting and Yelling and Harassment at the 9/10 meeting by people who thought nothing wrong with the process and accuse the video being altered without evidences. (BTW, children got scared when attending meeting - a school board meeting)
False claim and misleading about 1-1.5 M needed for special election.
Special election can be avoided by giving the seat back to the real winner.