Troop 329 offers an excellent opportunity for boys to mature into young men, but we do need help. There are many ways you can help.
- Make sure your son comes to meetings and attends outings.
- Encourage your son to advance.
- Help with transportation for outings, and get to see where he’s spending time. Stay for an outing.
- Join the troop committee, and help plan events or help with boards of review. Once a year jobs are the popcorn sale, the family dinner, Scouting for Food, a fund raiser, and the family camping trip.
- Share your interests or hobbies at a meeting or as a merit badge counselor.
When lots of parents get involved, it lightens the load. One outstanding aspect of the Boy Scouts of America is the opportunity for leadership training for scouts and adults. There will always be someone to help you with the responsibilities you accept. Talk with one of the leaders, and we’ll get you started on your own scouting adventure.
Committee Meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7pm at Trinity. Any adult family member is welcome to be a Committee Member. Our job is discuss Troop business, plan fundraising, service projects, monitor scout progress and aid in the planning of our overall program activities.