Order of the Arrow
The Order of the Arrow is Scouting’s national honor society. Its membership fulfills the Order’s purpose of recognizing those who exemplify Scouting’s values, promoting responsible outdoor adventure, developing young leaders, and crystallizing the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpose of leadership in cheerful service to others.
The Order of the Arrow membership requirements are:
- Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America.
- The youth must have experienced 15 nights of Boy Scout camping while registered with a troop or team within the two years immediately prior to the election. The 15 nights must include one, but no more than one, long-term camp consisting of at least five consecutive nights of overnight camping, approved and under the auspices and standards of the Boy Scouts of America. Only five nights of the long-term camp may be credited toward the 15-night camping requirement. The balance of the camping (10 nights) must be overnight, weekend, or other short-term camps of, at most, three nights each.
- Youth must be under the age of 21, hold the BSA First Class rank or higher, and following approval by the Scoutmaster or Varsity team Coach, be elected by the youth members of their troop or team.
2017 Newly Elected OA Induction Candidate
on being elected into the
Order of the Arrow, Scouting’s National Honor Society
Download printable version: OA Newly Elected OA Induction Candidate Flyer 2017
- We look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming Induction Fellowship Weekends to complete your OA Induction.
- (Must complete your Induction at one of these 2 weekends, please pre-register)
- 2017 Spring Fellowship Weekend
- June 2-4, 2017
- Trexler Scout Reservation (288 Camp Trexler Road, Kunkletown, PA 18058)
- To Register: Spring Fellowship Weekend Registration
- 2017 Fall Fellowship Weekend
- September 8-10, 2017
- Camp Minsi (106 Camp Minsi Road, Pocono Summit, PA 18346)
- To Register: Fall Fellowship Weekend Registration