People Researcher, Atlassian (2023)
Professor of Business, Campus.edu (2023)
- New online community college program that’s dedicated to affordability, access, and quality support in higher education.
- Develop and teach courses business to first- and second-year business students, covering topics such as Organizational Behavior, Team Management and Collaboration, HR Analytics, Negotiations and Conflict Management, Creativity, and more.
Research Mentor, Luminere (2023)
- Research program that helps students work 1-on-1 with a Ph.D. mentor to learn about the cutting edge in their field of interest and produce an independent research project.
Quantitative/Qualitative UX Researcher, Duolingo (2023)
- Coordinated and conducted UX research regarding new features, pain-points, and opportunities for growth.
- Collected and analyzed user data, developed weekly insights from large, complex datasets, and converted them into actionable takeaways for product recommendations to designers, engineers, and PMs that guided strategic decision making for the product.
Executive Director, Southeastern Connecticut for Racial Equity (501[c]) (2020-2023)
- Founded and oversaw all operations for a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to dismantling systems of racism and promoting culture of equity and inclusion within CT communities.
- Achieved 501(c)(3) status in December 2020.
- Gathered extensive qualitative data from town residents to fill gaps in current data collection systems and provided policy recommendations to local boards based on this data.
- Created a scholarship fund for graduating high school students of color based on a synthesis of financial need and academic achievement in two school districts.
- Collaborated regularly with CT Boards of Education, Finance, and Selectmen, police departments, and other organizations on policy reform.
- Advocated for anti-racism training and professional development for Board of Education members, school teachers, police officers, and other policy makers.
- Awarded operating grants totaling $16.8k and independently raised $6.2k+ to pursue organizational goals with minimal overhead.
Behavioral Scientist, Humu (2022)
- Promoted from intern to a Behavioral Scientist for exemplary work designing, conducting, analyzing, and communicating research that leveraged HRIS and behavioral data in the development of team collaboration insights for customers.
- Led the conducting and communication of original research to create behavioral change interventions at scale for a SaaS product.
- Led the development of a work style assessment for the Humu platform, including designing surveys, analyzing customer experience, analyzing psychometric data, and collaborating cross-functionally with designers, engineers, and data scientists.
- Developed workflow features guiding managers through difficult situations by distilling research on goal setting, team collaboration, social networks, knowledge networks, employee emotions, and more into strong product recommendations.
- Developed an internal expertise repository for Humu employees to facilitate collaboration and collective intelligence.
- Served as a Behavioral Science subject matter expert in the development of key customer personas to guide the product roadmap.
- Created 40+ research-backed nudges to boost employee productivity, motivation, well-being, and collaboration.
PhD Researcher, Carnegie Mellon University (2017-2022)
- Led all aspects of 10 mixed-methods research studies, including literature review, study design, participant recruitment, data analysis, and insight communication. Collected data from 1,000+ participants representing for-profit and non-profit organizations.
- Extensive experience with conducting lab/field experiments, surveys, observations, interviews, qualitative and quantitative data analysis techniques (e.g., regressions, SEM, HLM) and programming languages (e.g., R, Stata, SPSS).
- Communicated research insights at 15 peer-reviewed scientific conferences and 10+ other academic and industrial settings.
- Hired and developed two research assistants while applying for and allocating large amounts of research grant funding.
- Delivered educational services via numerous undergraduate and graduate course instruction, receiving consistently strong evaluations from students at all levels.
Career Mentor, Literacy Pittsburgh (2019-2021)
- Offered a safe and supportive environment for adults to acquire reading, writing and math skills, prepare for high school equivalency exams, and gain skills to transition to jobs or college.
- Assisted adult students in searching for jobs, completing online job applications, practicing interview skills, researching postsecondary education options, applying for college and financial aid, and discussing American workplace skills and culture.
- Guest lectured for English Business courses.
Honors Researcher, Brown University (2015-2017)
- Conducted original research in pursuit of an honors thesis (i.e., literature review, hypothesis generation, study design, study implementation, data collection, data analysis, data presentation). Advisor: Dr. Joachim Krueger.
- Assisted research in Dr. Elinor Amit's lab (e.g., survey design, data collection, data presentation).
Research Assistant, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island (2015-2016)
- Conducted research on local communities’ access to hospital services (e.g., survey design, data collection, analysis, presentation).
- Adviser: Dr. Daniel Evans
The Society for Indutrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP)
Academy of Management (AoM)
Interdisciplinary Network for Group Research (INGRoup)
The Journal of Experimental Social Psychology
The Journal of Management Studies
The Academy of Management Annual Conference
The Annual Meeting of the Interdisciplinary Network for Group Research
Search Committee Member
Dean of the Tepper School of Business (2020)