Do you wish your bees would just beehave?
Do they wish the same of you?
All beekeeping is local. We're not California or Massachusetts or Australia. There's a lot of information out there and it's hard to decide what's good and what applies.
I'll meet with you and your bees. I'll go through your hive with you, talk about what I see, ask what you've been doing, where you'd like to go with your bees, answer your questions and we can talk about your next steps with your bees. I'll do a mite test with you too. I usually have treatments with me if needed and which I provide at cost. Top bar hive or Warre or ??? No problem.
I charge $80 for the first hour or part thereof and $40/hour if we go over that. I may add a travel surcharge if you're more than 40 minutes away, but I'll waive that if I can dovetail you with another client visit. Most visits take about an hour. If we finish with bees before that, I'm happy to hang out and talk bees with you!
A few of the things I can help you with:
- hive inspection - how to work with your bees, what to look for
- bee biology - pheromones, development, colony structure and function
- queen skills - finding, handling, marking, requeening
- swarm prevention, splits
- disease and parasite recognition and control
- seasonal management, overwintering
- lighting a smoker, using a hive tool.