How do I embed assessment into my practice?
- link instruction to assessment through formative assessment routines:
- clear learning intentions
- co-created criteria
- prompting questions and provocations
- descriptive feedback
- regular check-ins
- peer feedback and self-reflection
- conversations and conferences
Whole lesson examples with a primary focus that showcase the key elements of formative assessment in action.
Clarke, Shirley 2005
Dylan William presents the five key strategies of formative assessment.
William, Dylan 2011
Davies promotes further learning through descriptive feedback, reflection and setting and monitoring progress toward goals.
Davies, Anne 2011
This highly practical book describes five formative assessment tools in math and shows how teachers can make them a part of their regular planning and instruction.
Fennell, Francis 2017
The following articles connect instruction with formative assessment strategies.