CCDP and CCDP CANDIDACY MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
The CCDP designation is a mark of professional excellence. It symbolizes the practitioner's commitment to ongoing professional development and the continuous advancement of the career development field.
To maintain their designation and title, both CCDP and CCDP Candidates must:
- Maintain continuous Professional Membership with BCCDA
- Complete and document professional activities worth 25 credits per year
- Ensure that each professional development activity claimed addresses at least one Core Competency and one area of Specialization from the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners
- Supporting Documents: Please retain verification documents for all continuing education activities claimed for one year after submission as they may be required for randomized audits
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR MAINTENANCE ACTIVITIES;
- ONLINE - Sign up to your Membership Portal, click on professional activities section from your menu, either choose the activity from the existing list, or submit a new activity. For each activity, indicate at least one core competency and one area of specialization that it addresses. Please see the list below.
- BY EMAIL - Download Annual Maintenance Log, and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For each activity, indicate at least one core competency and one area of specialization that it addresses. Please see the list below.
C1 - Professional Behavior
C2 - Interpersonal Competence
C3 - Career Development Knowledge
C4 - Needs Assessment and Referral
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
S1 - Assessment
S2 - Facilitated/Individual Group Learning
S3 - Career Counselling (counselling understood as advising, not clinical counselling)
S4 - Information/Resource Management
S5 - Work Development
S6 - Community Capacity Building