WHY SHOULD YOU BECOME BCCDA CERTIFIED AGENCY
BCCDA Agency Certification makes it easy for Career Development Agencies to communicate CREDIBILITY, a high level of PROFESSIONALISM and ETHICAL STANDARDS to their clients and other stakeholders. Certified agencies showcase a highly QUALIFIED workplace that is committed to excellence and continuous learning. The certification provides agencies with PUBLIC RECOGNITION for meeting and exceeding the Career Development Industry standards.
A BCCDA CERTIFIED CAREER DEVELOPMENT AGENCY:
- Communicates qualified workforce
- Benefits from increased industry recognition and credibility
- Has a competitive edge that strengthens funding proposals
- Advocates for further development of Career Development Industry
- Increases chances of attracting highly qualified and motivated workforce
- Increases its visibility with BCCDA’s membership base
- Attracts more clients
AGENCY CERTIFICATION CRITERIA
An Agency will become certified if meeting the following criteria;
- Has an active agency membership with BCCDA
- Has paid an appropriate processing fee
- 75% or more of client facing employees or contractors are either CCDP Certified, CCDP Candidates or they have applied for CCDP Certification or CCDP Candidacy (further referred to as CCDP Applicant)
Agency Certification Processing Fees *
- Large Agency (over 20 employees) – $200
- Medium Agency (10 to 20 employees) – $150
- Small Agency (less than 10 employees) – $100
HOW TO APPLY FOR AGENCY CERTIFICATION
STEP 2 - PROCESS APPLICATION FEE:
Cheque – cheques can be mailed to BC Career Development Association, Suite 728-510 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 1L8. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org before mailing the cheque
All agencies who reach 75% level of their client facing staff having either CCDP, CCDP Candidate or CCDP Applicant designation qualify for certification. However, there are 4 different levels of certification based on the numbers of fully certified staff within the organization.
More than 75 % of all qualifying employees or contractors are fully CCDP Certified
Less than 75% up to 50% of all qualifying employees or contractors are fully CCDP Certified.
Less than 75% up to 50% of all qualified employees or contractors are fully CCDP Certified.
Less than 25% of all qualified employees or contractors are currently fully CCDP Certified.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
The BCCDA Agency Certification Committee will review your applications. If you meet the criteria, you will become a BCCDA Certified Agency. Certified agencies will be eligible to use the BC Certified Career Development Agency logo in their communication materials.
AGENCY CERTIFICATION ANNUAL REVIEW PROCESS
BCCDA will require an annual status report. In order to keep your certification, you will be asked to;
- Keep active membership with BCCDA
- Update and re-submit the list of BCCDA certified employees/contractors. Based on the numbers of your CCDP staff you will be awarded Gold, Silver, Bronze or Basic Status
- Submit report on internal or external training opportunities for staff
- Submit report on CCDP candidate preferred job postings
You will need to submit the BCCDA AGENCY CERTIFICATION ANNUAL REPORT form maximum a month before your certification anniversary date or not more than two weeks past your certification anniversary date. If you don’t submit the report within requested time-frame, your certification will automatically expire.