- auction is bellow 2NT;
- partner has passed;
- RHO has passed;
- the number of cards held in the suit of the opponent is two or less.
In the case that bidder has substantially more values to continue the auction independently, then bidder should take such action by bidding another un-bid suit or employing a cue bid per partnership agreement and allowing partner to make a preference bid. A double, in this instance, should not be employed.
The partner adds:
- the level of the contract;
- the number of cards held in the suit of the opponent;
- the number of honors held in the suit of the opponent (this includes the 10).
- the calculated number is nine or more - the partner should pass for penalty.
- the calculated number is less than nine - the partner should bid.