I、Information Collected by Barfi
In order to help you develop interpersonal relations that make sense, we need your personal information and the information about the types of counterpart you wish to know. Accordingly, you will provide the contents we need and you also agree following the directions given by the interface provided by us, and also agree to our profiling of your information. Please note that we will comply with the GDPR and avoid profiling of any sensitive issues (e.g. ethnics, political affiliation, religious belief and sex orientation). When you access our services, by yourself o via a third service provider, we will collect the information about your access to our services (including your access logs and login/access to social media). We hereby provide the details as following.
Information provided by you to us
When you access our services, you will provide us with the specific information including:
• When you are register an account, you will provide you with such basic information as your login information, gender and date of birth, etc.. Such information is collected in order to help our services operate successfully to find Mr./Ms. Right for you.
• When you complete the information, you are free to choose whether to share more information about you with us, e.g. the other details about your personality and life style, and to provide us with the access to your camera or album. In some jurisdictions, the information you provide to us might be identified as “sensitive” and “special” information, e.g. the information about ethnics, political affiliation, religious belief and sex orientation. You may choose whether to reveal such information and to disclose the same to other users upon delivery of the same to us. Notwithstanding, we will never profile or analyze such sensitive information, or provide you with any forecast therefor.
• When deciding to subscribe for any of our fee-based services, you may provide us or our payment service provider with the financial information about your payment.
• When you participate in our promotional activities or lucky draws, we will collect the information you register or key in.
• When you contact our customer service team via Contact Us, we will collect your email address, IP address, and the information you provide to us. The information will be used to help solve your inquiries and ensure our service quality. We will retain the record of communication with you, including the complaints against other users (and complaints against you by other users) received by us within 6 years upon removal of your account.
• You may choose to invite your friends to join Barfi to help them develop interesting interpersonal relations. Where you wish to invite your friends to join Barfi, we will send the invitation email in your name to complete your request.
• We will also collect the contents of your chat with other users or the contents posted by you as a part of the services.
• When you access our services, we will collect the information about the actions you take in our services, e.g. the date and time of your access, functions you use, your search conditions, advertisements clicked by you, interaction between other users and you, and the messages you send to other users, etc.
• We collect the information about the device via which you access our services, including: Information about hardware and software (e.g. IP, Device ID, Network ID, App crash information, Advertisement ID, type of browser, device language, applied version and operating system, etc.);
• When you access our services, we may collect your geographical information (longitude and latitude) in any manner subject to your prior consent. The information may help us identify your precise position. Notwithstanding, if you refuse to provide the information, we will not collect the same.
By the same token, subject to your prior consent, we will collect your photos and videos, e.g. the photos or videos you wish to post in our services.
Information accessed by us from others
In addition to the information you provided to us, we will also access the information about you from others, including:
• Other users
When other users access the services, they will provide the information about you. For example, when any other user provides your information in order to contact us, we might collect the information about you from him/her.
• Social media
Your login to our service via a social media account will constitute your agreement to our access to your login information via the social media account. Then, you would not need to remember another set of account and password.
• Other partners
We might access the information about you from other partners. For example, when Barfi runs advertisements on the website or platform operated by any of its partners, the partner might communicate your information to us.
II、How Barfi Uses Your Information
Your information will be used to provide and improve our services and also to protect your account security and provide you with the advertisements you will be interested in. The following refer to the various causes with which the use of your information will be notified to you:
• Create and manage your account;
• Provide customers with support and respond to your questions;
• Complete your transactions (including the order management and communication for billing, etc.);
• Analyze your and other users’ personal information, and recommend you the right counterparts;
• Display your information to other users;
• Connect the various devices used by you to help our services accessible to all of your devices, as we provide the consistent experience based on the information about device and browser; or, identify and connect devices based on some complete IP address and browser version;
• Manage luck draws, competition, discount or other preferential treatment;
• Notify you of the products or services we believe you might be interested in, via email, phone, social network or mobile device.
• Manage the focus group and questionnaire;
• Analyze and research based on the users’ behavior to improve our services and contents;
• Develop new functions or other services;
• We will process your information for the purpose of administrative affairs, investigation on fraud or other legal matters.
III、Whom Barfi Shares Information With
We aim to help you establish the interpersonal relations that make sense. Therefore, we will share your user information with other users. We also might share some of your information with other partners or advertisement suppliers, and even regulatory authorities, e.g. for the purpose of industrial analysis and demographics, etc..
We share your information with the third parties falling in the following categories:
• Products provided by information technology companies (hardware and software) when providing services to us;
• Anti-fraud and spam service providers protect the services from infringement by criminal activities;
• Monitoring websites/App activities and approving the contents;
• Advertisement partners, markets and advertisement suppliers;
• Law-enforcement agencies which we submit to in order to protect safety and right of any person upon a legal process if reasonably necessary;
• Cash flow service companies and telecommunication companies supporting our fee-based services.
Before working with any service provider or partner, we will conduct the strict review procedure. All of our service providers and partners shall agree to perform the non-disclosure obligation with due diligence.
In the event of merger (in whole or in part), sale, acquisition, investment withdrawal, reorganization, reshuffling, dissolution or bankruptcy of the Company or changes of the Company’s ownership or control, we will post the related public announcement, and transfer your information upon notifying you via the email address recorded by you.
We may disclose your information per the requirements under laws and insofar as it is necessary and reasonable:
• To comply with any legal procedures, e.g. court order, subpoena or search warrant, government/law-enforcement entity’s investigation, or any other legal requirements;
• To help prevent or detect crimes (per applicable laws case by case);
• To protect any person’s safety;
• To investigate on or take any preventive action or other actions against illegal activities, fraud or other misconduct.
We hope that you may control your information independently and, therefore, provide you with the following tools:
• Tools for access to/update of services. The tools and setup of account may help you access, correct or delete the information related to the account directly which you already provided to us in the services. Should you have any questions about the tools and setup, you may contact our customer service team to seek assistance.
• Authority of access to device. The mobile platform is equipped with the authority system with respect to specific types of device information and notification, e.g. phone book and location-based service as well as push notification. You may change the setting on the device to “Agree” or cancel the collection of correspondent information, or display of correspondent notification. Nevertheless, if you do so, some of the services might not be able to function completely.
We hope that you may verify your right of privacy. Please bear in mind the following notes:
• Check your information: Some applicable privacy laws might authorize you to check your personal information kept by us (subject to the jurisdictions, which might be known as the access authority, right to data portability, or derivatives of such right).
• Update your information: If you consider that your information kept by us should be incorrect, or we should not be entitled to use the information, and you hope to correct, delete, or stop processing of such information, please contact us.
In order to protect all of our users and you, we will ask you to provide your ID and then respond to said requirements.
Please do bear in mind that we might reject your requirement with causes, including illegal requirements, or infringement upon business secrets, intellectual property rights or other users’ privacy.
Meanwhile, we might not be able to satisfy some requirements objecting the processing of personal information, particularly, the objection which will result in our failure to provide you with the services. For example, if we don’t have your date of birth, it will be impossible for us to provide you with our services.
• Uninstallation. You may uninstall any APP in accordance with the standard uninstallation procedure on the device to stop the App from collecting any information. If you uninstall the APP from some mobile device, the special ID related to your device will be stored continuously. If you re-install the APP on the same mobile device, we will use the ID to re-link the transactions and activities conducted by you previously. Please note that if you ask us to delete, or stop using your information, please follow the procedure herein. We will try our best to stop processing and using your information within 30 working days.
• Accountability. If you have doubt about our processing of your personal information in some countries (including EU), you are entitled to file a complaint with the competent data protection organization. The competent data protection organization should be located in the jurisdiction where your permanent residence or workplace is located or where we are founded.
V、How Barfi Protect Your Information
Barfi has implemented appropriate safety measures to protect and prevent the information controlled by us (including your personal data) from being changed, disclosed or destroyed. Our technic experts in Barfi will make every endeavor to ensure that you may access our services safely.
Notwithstanding, though we will take preventive measures to prevent any potentially existing bug from hacking our services, it is impossible for us to commit that, and you should not expect that, your personal information will be safe and free from any concerns all the times.
Should we suspect or discover any violation of the security rules, we may suspend you from the access to the services, in whole or in part, without prior notice. Should you consider that your account or information should be no longer safe, please notify us here immediately.
VI、Expiry Date of Information Kept by Barfi
We will keep your personal information only insofar as it is permitted by laws. In order to protect users’ safety in the duration of, or upon, access to our services, we adopt the policy requiring that where you fail to log into your account for more than 30 months, we will delete or anonymize your account information, unless:
• we have to comply with applicable laws (e.g. to keep “traffic data” for one year to fulfill the statutory obligation to keep information);
• we have to keep related information about any pending issue, claim or dispute until the same is settled; or
• we have to keep the information for our legal business interest (e.g. anti-fraud and upgrading of users’ safety); for example, we have to keep the information in order to prevent the user who is forbidden due to some unsafe conduct or safety incident from opening a new account.
Please note that even if our system may delete the information based on said rules, it is impossible for us to guarantee that all information may be deleted within specific time limit, given the limitations in technology.
Our services are only applicable to users of 18 years old or more. We do not allow users under 18 years old to access our platform, and will not knowingly collect the personal information of users under 18 years old. Should you suspect any user under less than 18 years old, please report your concern to us via Contact Us or the complaining mechanism in the services.
Cookie refers to the small-size data file transmitted to the computer drive, which usually includes the name of domain generating the Cookie (network location), “period of retention” of Cookie (namely, the expiry date), and special numbers or similar ID generated at random. Cookie might also include the information about your equipment (e.g. local setting, search history, and action taken when accessing to our services).
The cookies collected by us enable us to verify how the users interact on Barfi and thereby help us produce better products for you. Cookies store the information about the websites you surf, and identify you and your preference whenever you visit Barfi. They help us provide you with better services.
Basically, the use of Cooke and local storage device on Barfi is subject to the functions of websites on Barfi, e.g. analysis function, which may help us verify the functions of our website and warrant users the successful and non-interrupted experience.
The following table interprets cookie functions on Barfi and how to use them.
Where you do not desire to store all Barfi activities with any cause, you may change the settings in your browser and mobile device to stop Cookie and the local storage device. Notwithstanding, the change of settings might degrade the quality of surfing on the website. Under certain circumstances, you might even find that you will not be able to access our website, in whole or in part.
We use the following types of Cookie:
• FunctionWe need to use certain Cookie and store the data to the local storage device to ensure that our users may receive the best experience. They help you surf our website, ensure rapid loading page, and respond to your needs in a timely manner.
Our use of Cookie and local storage device (including specific Cookie name) might vary depending on elapsing of time, but usually will be included into said types. We will notify you of any material changes in our use of cookie and local storage device. Please visit the page periodically to help you verify any changes.