Bangor Ladies Hockey Club Juniors aims to provide all girls in the Bangor area who are Fifteen and under the opportunity to play hockey.
Our goal is to create a safe and enjoyable environment based around hockey where the girls develop both their hockey skills and also hopefully long lasting friendships.
The Junior section is split into 4 sections with all sections training during school term time from September through to Easter:
- Under 9's (p4 and p5) - Fridays 18:00 to 19:00
- Under 11's (p6 and p7) - Fridays 18:00 to 19:00
- Under 13's (y8 and y9) - Fridays 19:00 to 20:00
- Under 15's (y11 and y12) - Wednesdays 19:30 to 21:00 (with the senior squad) and Fridays 19:00 to 20:00
Key areas of development that are coached are:
- Receiving (SR)
- Passing (SP)
- Elimination (1v1) (SE)
- Tackling (ST)
- Eyes up (AE)
- Team Positions and Structures (AT)
- Unit Skills (AU)
- Game Time (AG)
Enjoyment and Confidence
- Primary purpose of any team sport is enjoyment (MF)
- Mental development (I can vs I can't) (MC)
Additionally BLHC Juniors enter teams in the UH hockey leagues for all of the above age groups
To enable all of the above we need coaches so if you interested in helping in what is a very rewarding environment get in touch.