Bandera Sports Medicine and Athletic Training

2019-2020 Athletic Participation Paperwork

All athletes are required to complete the UIL Participation forms and Emergency Card before the first scheduled practice or the first day of school, whichever comes first. These forms are all online via the Rank One Sport website. Click here to be directed there.

All new athletes and transfers will be required to complete these forms upon joining the team.

Volleyball begins August 1st and Football begins August 5th. Please make sure to have your forms completed before those dates.

All athletes are also required to have a new physical each year. You can download the physical form here to take with you to a physician of your choice.

Athletic Trainers vs. Personal Trainers

Athletic Training is often confused with personal training. There is, however, a large difference in the education, skillset, job duties, and patients of an athletic trainer and a personal trainer. Athletic trainers provide physical medicine, rehabilitation, and preventative services. Athletic trainers treat a breadth of patients, including but not limited to: professional, college, secondary school and youth athletes, dancers, musicians and military personnel. Athletic Trainers can work in a variety of locations including schools, physician clinics, hospitals and manufacturing plants.

To become a certified athletic trainer, a student must graduate with a bachelors or masters degree from an accredited professional athletic training education program and pass a comprehensive test administered by the Board of Certification. Once certified, they must meet ongoing continuing education requirements in order to remain certified. Athletic trainers must also work under the direction of a physician and within their state practice act.

Coach Martinez meets these requirements and is here to give care to your student athlete when they are in need.