Warning: installing a custom ROM on your device prevents the installation of official OTA updates. In case they are detected by the custom ROM, avoid installing them. Restores a clean image of the system to avoid unpleasant surprises. READ ABOUT BACKUP BEFORE!
Edit your own build from PC
If you wont customizing your /system directly on your device you can do this directly from your PC! Just open a shell with ROOT privileges:
1. If you are using linux just create a mount point first, for example in /mnt/img
2. Now mount a copy of your system.img and mount it in the already created folder
mount -o loop /home/USERNAME/system.img /mnt/img
cp -Rf /home/USERNAME/application.zip /mnt/img/b2g/webapps/NAME-APP.gaiamobile.org/
cp -Rf /home/USERNAME/hosts /mnt/img/etc/
4. To unmount the your own customized system.img file use this command
5. Test your custom ROM on the device, but not before making a backup!
How to install a Custom ROM
- installer, you have just to put the file on your SD card and starting the update from Recovery (GerdaOS is the only installer available for now);
- system.img, the ROM's file must be named in this way. Put it near RestoreSystem by AdvancedHACKERniV1 on the SD card and flash it (VIDEO). This kind of rom can be installed also using the dd command from Recovery Mode with the right permissions.
If we put the custom system.img file on the SD card the commands to get a backup file (system-backup.img) and to flash the new ROM will be:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system of=/sdcard/system-backup.img bs=2048
dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system
Remember to have disabled the Recovery's integrity test on your ROM, so that it is not replaced at the first boot. To restore the clean system-backup.img file created you can use the command:
dd if=/sdcard/system-backup.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system
or follow the complete guides here.
for Jio Phone
Flash tools in EDL mode, cooperators, passion, seriousness and desire to free the Lyf devices!
Do you want to add new custom ROMs for your device?