Muhammad Azeem Khadam
About me: : I am a Postdoctoral Fellow at ASSMS, GC University Lahore. From Aug-Sep 2018, I was a guest in Nonlinear Algebra Group at Max-Planck Institute of Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig . I completed PhD Mathematics in Aug. 2017 and M. Phil Mathematics in Oct. 2013 from ASSMS under the supervision of Peter Schenzel. During 2014-2016, I was a DAAD Research Fellow at MLU Halle-Wittenberg . Before that I did BS Mathematics from University of the Punjab.
For further information, see my CV.
Research interests: I am mainly interested in Commutative Algebra and Algebraic Geometry. I am currently investigating properties of secant varieties of Segre-Veronese by using techniques from Algebraic Statistics (Cumulants) and Toric Geometry. Furthermore, I am working in Local Cohomology and Hyperplane Arrangements (around Terao’s conjecture) as well.
- Secant varieties of toric varieties arising from simplicial complexes (with M. Michalek and P. Zwiernik), in preparation.
- Criterion of Cohen-Macaulyness of the form module in terms of (non-)vanishing of a variation of local cohomology, preprint.
- Homogeneous principal bundles over manifolds with trivial logarithmic tangent bundle (with H. Azad and I. Biswas), to appear to J. Lie Theory, Vol. 29(2019), Number 4.
- About a variation of local cohomology (with Peter Schenzel ), to appear to J. Commut. Algebra (2019)
- On regular sequences in the form module with applications to local Bezout inequalities, Bull. Iran. Math. Soc. No. 44 (2018), 763-779.
- About multiplicities and applications to Bezout numbers (with Peter Schenzel), INdAM Series No. 20 (2017) 223-238 (Proceedings of `Homological and Computational Methods in Commutative Algebra' dedicated to Winfried Bruns on his 70th birthday).