AZ DL/I Network
SAVE THE DATE: MAY 16, 2019
JOIN US ON OUR NEXT SITE VISIT DAY TO TUCSON DL/I SCHOOLS
Highlights from Gilbert Elementary School: Spanish Immersion (October 2018 visit)
Highlights from Coronado Elementary School: Chinese Immersion (December 2017 visit)
Here are the highlights of seven schools visits from 2016-17.
Welcome to the AZ Dual Language/ Immersion Network (DL/I)
We are called the "DL/I" Network because as we grow we want to stay true to the research based models in the field. There is a difference between Dual Language (tpically two-way) and Immersion (typically one-way). If you are not using the correct terminology, no worries, more definitions can be found here:
* Please add or update your school profile HERE.
* Please help update our contact directory to stay connected to the field (please review and leave any edits in RED)
This is a grassroots network of dual language and/or world language immersion programs under the AZ Language Association umbrella organization! Do you...
- meet the criteria to be a dual language/world language immersion program
- at least 50% of your day is in a partner language to English
- academic content is taught in the partner language
- believe that an DL/I program should be open to ALL students
- agree to adhere to the DL/I Fidelity Assurances
- have set performance targets using either:
- want to connect with other DL/I educators outside of your school or district
- are willing to share your resources, successes and challenges
- are able to join one of the network's site visits
- are on the path to proficiency following the AZ Native & World Language Standards (as well as ACTFL)