Spring 2019 Update
Hello AMS Families!
Happy Spring! With the snow gone, and Spring activities and event planning in full swing, the PTO Executive Board would like to give you an update with this Spring quarterly review and budget report.
To date, your support through our One & Done fundraiser made the following possible at AMS:
- Purchase of 2 - Elkay water fountain/bottle filler coolers (Main Entryway, and 2nd floor)*
- Spring teacher wish-list items – classroom upgrades/enhancements
- Chair glides/fuzzy feet for metal chairs in the entire school
- Student council concession support for the Winter dance
- Teacher Appreciation conference luncheon
*A note on the installation of the water fountain/bottle filler coolers. They will be purchased this Spring, but install is tbd pending needed renovations the town needs to complete due to the age/structure of the building.
We have supported AMS through the following volunteer opportunities:
- Student Council Dance volunteers
- AMS Welcoming Walk thru committee
We hope you were able to attend our PTO quarterly forum “Jane Doe no More”, that was rescheduled due to weather, and held in March. If you have any suggestions for future forum topics, please reach out to Robyn Kessler at: email@example.com.
What the PTO is working on in the next quarter:
- 8th grade party – “Lights, Camera, Party!” – June 7th 6:30-9:30pm
- 7th grade end of year treats for dance or field trip
- Teacher appreciation
We are still looking for volunteers for the end of year 8th grade party! Sign-up Genius will be coming out for times/opportunities for the day/night set up. However, if you would like to be involved in planning, please contact Robyn Kessler at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While our incentive One & Done fundraising campaign is over, it’s never too late to donate. Click HERE for donation details through Paypal.
If you have any questions about how to get more involved at AMS or how the PTO supports our school, please don’t hesitate to contact one of us. Check out our new website for contacts and more information.
We hope you all enjoy the much anticipated Spring Break week!
Your AMS PTO Board Team: Rosemary Neamtz, Barbara Ausiello, Elizabeth Abshire, Erin Lamadrid, Erin Sloat, Robyn Kessler, Laura Ward, Lisa Indelicato and Carol Shubinski