Welcome to AUMC
Love God, Love Others, Serve the Lord
1211 S Carnation Dr, Aurora MO 65605 -- 417-678-3359
Ministry Opportunities Available
Leader of Youth MinistriesPart-time position open for Leader of Youth Ministries. This position includes:Guiding youth in personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Plan and implement curriculum for youth programs.Recruit and train effective lay leadership to assist in leading the youth.Follow all Safe Gathering policies and procedures for safety of youthDeepen the understanding of missions and service in communityPresent on Sunday morning worshipEffective follow-up procedures for youth and parents through calling and personal contactsReports directly to Pastor30 hours over a two-week periodStarting wage $15 per hour Detailed job description and application is available upon requestIf interested please e-mail the church at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org orOne up at Aurora United Methodist Church, 1211 S Carnation 9-12 or 1-3 Monday through Thursday.Call and request one at 417-678-3359
Leader of Children Ministries Part-time position open for Leader of Children’s Ministries Lead and guide all children in personal relationship with Jesus ChristPlan and implement curriculum for children’s programLead children’s church during Sunday worship each weekRecruit and train effective lay leadership to assist in leading childrenFollow all all Safe Gathering policies and procedures for safety of youthEffective follow-up procedures for children and parents by phone or personal contactsReports directly to Pastor30 hours over two-week periodStarting wage $15 per hour Detailed job description and application is available upon requestIf interested please e-mail the church at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org orOne up at Aurora United Methodist Church, 1211 S Carnation 9-12 or 1-3 Monday through Thursday.Call and request one at 417-678-3359
Daily Scripture and Prayer
Lord we come to you today in this time of uncertainty. Continue to help us hear your gentle whispers as you draw us gently back to you. When distractions of this world start coming at us, help us to set them aside and take time just to sit in your presence. There are times we are so flustered that we fail to hear you. Calm our spirits with your loving words and gentle whispers. You have done so much for us. Help us to never forget what it cost you. Help us to live in your light reaching out to others in this unprecedented time we are living. We put our faith in your for this day and for all our tomorrows. Fill our mind with your biblical truth and your perfect love. We pour our heart out to you with the concerns and worries of this world so you can carry the burden for us.............Lord we are in need of miracles and we believe you are the God of miracles. Our faith rests in the loving name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Protocols for Reopening church and social distancing during Covid-19 Until Further Notice
It is vice.
2. There will be no fellowship time before or after service. No food/coffee served. If you visit with each other plan on doing visiting prior to the service outside or after the service outside. Chairs will be removed from library/foyer area.
3. The Fellowship area and other rooms will be off limits other than the sanctuary and lobby/restrooms. This will reduce the places we need to sanitize after service.
4. Everyone needs to enter through the north or south door of the building. All other doors will stay locked. Someone with gloves on will be standing at the unlocked door to open and answer any questions.
5. We ask everyone to please practice good social distancing of 6 ft.
6. If you have a mask, we strongly encourage you consider wear. If you do not have one, we will disposal masks available. This step is for the protection of the other person.
7. We are asking individuals to refrain from hugging or handshakes.
8. There will be pews designated to sit in to maintain social distancing. All families will be allowed to sit together.
9. There will be no bulletins available and the bookrack/pencil holders on the back of the pew will be empty.
10. Choir and Bell Practices will be reviewed in 30 days.
11. Offering baskets will be put in the back by each door to drop offering in.
12. Communion will only be done with prefilled cup and wafer that is disposable. People setting up communion will wear gloves. Those serving will wear a mask and gloves. The ushers will dismiss by row to ensure proper social distancing.
13. At the conclusion of service, ushers will dismiss by row to maintain social distancing
14. If you become sick and diagnosed with Covid-19, please contact the Pastor.
15. The cleaning team will be sanitizing before the next Sunday service.
16. The water fountains will be closed at this time.
17. If you need to use the restrooms, please wipe down everything touched with a sanitized wipe
18. Youth & Children – There will be no children’s activities at this time. Impact youth grades 7-12 will be allowed to meet outside observing proper social distancing.
19. Small Groups will meet via Zoom or outside meetings with social distancing and lawn chairs.
20. Boy Scouts grades 7-12 will adhere to same for Impact youth with the same guidelines. No younger children’s
activities at this time.
21. We will re-evaluate the situation in our community in 30 days and make decisions accordingly at that time.