Welcome to AUMC
Love God, Love Others, Serve the Lord
1211 S Carnation Dr, Aurora MO 65605 -- 417-678-3359
For live services on Sunday morning, please visit our youtube channel or facebook page (linked below)
Day 150 Our Journey Continues Daily Scripture and Prayer
Lord, we come to you this morning rejoicing in this wonderful day. Regardless of what may be going on in our lives we know and trust that you made this day for a reason. Because of that reason we come to you with joy in our hearts. We are willing to follow wherever you lead us. There will always be good found in any day because you have arranged every condition in our day. Even if our day looks dark we can rejoice because we know that you are with us! At the end of this day, help us to look back and see even the small wonders of this day. We come to you know with an uplifting of prayer for us that are in need in our life.......We ask that you touch them they way you have touched us! In the joyful Name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
Protocols for Reopening church and social distancing during Covid-19 Until Further Notice
1. If you are ill, have symptoms or any kind of temperature please continue to stay at home until you are well. We are asking you to use judgement in this situation. We will continue to live stream Sunday morning service.
2. There will be no fellowship time before or after service. No food/coffee served. If you visit with each other plan on doing visiting prior to the service outside or after the service outside. Chairs will be removed from library/foyer area.
3. The Fellowship area and other rooms will be off limits other than the sanctuary and lobby/restrooms. This will reduce the places we need to sanitize after service.
4. Everyone needs to enter through the north or south door of the building. All other doors will stay locked. Someone with gloves on will be standing at the unlocked door to open and answer any questions.
5. We ask everyone to please practice good social distancing of 6 ft.
6. If you have a mask, we strongly encourage you consider wear. If you do not have one, we will disposal masks available. This step is for the protection of the other person.
7. We are asking individuals to refrain from hugging or handshakes.
8. There will be pews designated to sit in to maintain social distancing. All families will be allowed to sit together.
9. There will be no bulletins available and the bookrack/pencil holders on the back of the pew will be empty.
10. Choir and Bell Practices will be reviewed in 30 days.
11. Offering baskets will be put in the back by each door to drop offering in.
12. Communion will only be done with prefilled cup and wafer that is disposable. People setting up communion will wear gloves. Those serving will wear a mask and gloves. The ushers will dismiss by row to ensure proper social distancing.
13. At the conclusion of service, ushers will dismiss by row to maintain social distancing
14. If you become sick and diagnosed with Covid-19, please contact the Pastor.
15. The cleaning team will be sanitizing before the next Sunday service.
16. The water fountains will be closed at this time.
17. If you need to use the restrooms, please wipe down everything touched with a sanitized wipe
18. Youth & Children – There will be no children’s activities at this time. Impact youth grades 7-12 will be allowed to meet outside observing proper social distancing.
19. Small Groups will meet via Zoom or outside meetings with social distancing and lawn chairs.
20. Boy Scouts grades 7-12 will adhere to same for Impact youth with the same guidelines. No younger children’s
activities at this time.
21. We will re-evaluate the situation in our community in 30 days and make decisions accordingly at that time.