The 2019 Capital Relays offers a casual but competitive atmosphere for NIRCA teams and individuals.
Meet Date: Sunday, March 24, 2019
Start Time: 10:00AM (check-in begins at 9:00AM)
Location: Greenberg Track, American University
Address: 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, 20016
Registration: If you are interested in competing at the Capital Relays, please contact our club at email@example.com.
- DO NOT enter through clubrunning.org. We will provide a spreadsheet or Google Form for meet registration.
- $10 per runner, $150 per team (male and female combined); runners may participate in up to 4 individual and/or relay events.
- Entry fees may be paid by cash or check. They can be delivered at the meet or mailed to:
4400 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Bender Arena G-03
Washington, DC 20016
- Checks must be made out to American University. In the subject line, please indicate that payment is for American University Club XCTF.
Events: 5000m, 100m, 1500m, 4x100m, 400m, 800m, 200m, 4x400m, 100m racewalk
- We are unable to offer hurdle races or field events due to our university's facilities.
- We will follow a rolling schedule. Events may be scratched or combined depending on the number of entries, with a minimum of one team or runner needed. Relay teams that are coed or multi-school are permitted if there are not enough runners.
- We request that you do not use spikes on the track, but 1/4th inch spikes are permitted.
- We only have three blocks; please bring your own if possible. We will supply relay batons.
- The infield will be closed for the duration of the meet. Teams will be provided an area to set up tents.
Local Accommodations: For local hotels, please visit http://www.american.edu/ocl/orientation/Local-Hotels.cfm
- From northeast of Washington (New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore)
- Follow I-95 south to I-495 west toward Silver Spring. (See “From I-495” below).
- From northwest of Washington (western Pennsylvania, western Maryland)
- Follow I-270 south. Where I-270 divides, follow the right-hand branch toward northern Virginia. (Do not take the branch toward Washington.) Merge with I-495 (Capital Beltway). (See “From I-495” below).
- From south or west of Washington (northern Virginia, Norfolk, Richmond, Charlottesville)
- Follow I-95 north or I-66 east to I-495 (Capital Beltway). Take I-495 north toward Silver Spring. (See “From I-495” below.)
- From I-495 (Capital Beltway)
- Take exit 39 and follow the signs for River Road (Maryland Route 190) east toward Washington. Continue east on River Road to the fifth traffic light. Turn right onto Goldsboro Road (Maryland Route 614). At the first traffic light, turn left onto Massachusetts Avenue NW (Maryland Route 396). Continue on Massachusetts Avenue NW through the first traffic circle (Westmoreland Circle). Continue one more mile to 4400 Massachusetts. The entrance to the Admissions Welcome Center at the Katzen Arts Center parking garage will be on your left.
- There is free weekend parking in the Katzen Arts Center garage or the East Campus surface lots; both are 1/4mi from the track.
Contact Kevin Ehrgott at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.